HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Mets to bone (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44087)

felicia 03-19-2010 01:58 PM

Re: Mets to bone

Hello Lucian!
Chiar ca e foarte mica lumea!
How small the world is. What a nice surprise. How are you?

Kisses,
Felicia

felicia 03-19-2010 02:54 PM

Thank you very much Jacqueline!

Best wishes,

Felicia

Adriana Mangus 03-19-2010 03:55 PM

Undecided,

We would like to know your name...

I asked the same question to my onc., he said that it's possible to be Negative the firs time around and after 5-7 years it will change to Positive...but he said that once you test from----to--- it's highly unllikely for the tumor to mutate once again...I did not quite believe it but it does make sense. He said that down the road ---if needed--we (him and I) will have a new hormone test done--- but it's not likely I will need it.

Complicated...If you are unsure I guess you can ask your doctor and have it done just to make sure it has not mutate again.

Take care,

Adriana

Adriana Mangus 03-19-2010 04:02 PM

Lopsided..

I took a break ---3 months to be exact...there was progression --small but nothing to be afraid of. I will be going back to chemo---Gemzar possibly--and I know it will work again. Maybe TDMI trial..Not sure. I will post as soon as I find out.

I am on the side of taking small chemo breaks, to give your body and cells a rest...You are not going to have a disastorous? outcome by taking a small break.

In the past I was afraid just like you..Not anymore, taking breask has renewed me. Ask your doctor.

Take care,

Adriana

VirginiaGirl 03-20-2010 04:40 AM

Hi Lopsided,
I have mets to my bones, that's really the only place, all through my spine and hips. I finished abraxane/herceptin in November and it took care of the couple lymph nodes that went active, but I had progression in my bones. I had not been doing zometa for a while due to concerns about side effects (specifically jaw bone deterioration) but have started it again and hope it will work as well as it has in the past. I haven't had radiation to my bones, we've approached it twice and have decided to go with more systemic treatment. The initial radiation to my breast left me more tired/exhausted than any of the chemos I've done.

I know I've aged a lot since chemo and being menopausal. I have an identical twin sister (no BC for her thank god), and so seeing pictures of us together or the few times a year we get to visit is sort of painful because it's really "in my face" how much older I look than she does. It really makes me sad, so I just remind myself I'm happy to have hair (for now) and of all the wonderful things that have come from having BC, and I remember I'd rather have the wonderful things - like being closer to my husband and having a much deeper spiritual life.

Peace and Blessings,

felicia 03-23-2010 03:00 PM

Hi Virginia,
I also have the same problem. I looked at some pictures on 2 years ago and even last year and I did not believe it how much I've aged in the 9 months since I discovered that I had cancer. Chemotherapy, pain and despair have left deep marks on my face. And I'm so sad too. I look 10 years older now.

Felicia

Catherine 03-23-2010 08:32 PM

Hi Sheila,

Hey it is okay to whine. I think you sound very bright and very brave. I only had 12 weeks of chemo, and I still feel the fatigue and some of the other things I like to complain about.

Take care and all the best,
Catherine