HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Memories of Lolly (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34348)

flynny 05-30-2009 12:06 PM

I just would like to offer my sympathy to you and your family. Although I did not know her, I pray that she is looking down upon all of us and helping us continue to be positive.

Unregistered 01-12-2011 09:04 PM

Re: Memories of Lolly

Hello everyone!

This is Lolly's son again! I'm here tonight reading some of mom's postings, tearing up like all heck of course. There are times when it just feels as if nothing has happened since she passed, just like it was yesterday.. Damnit do I ever miss her.

I just wanted to let you all know we are hanging in there, dad's having a really rough go of it but he's slogging along like the trooper that he is. He doesn't think he'll ever get over it and he's probably right.

We both bought Kayaks the next summer and took some really nice trips down rivers and around some lakes. Very bitter-sweet for him as their first date was a canoeing trip, we float that same section of river frequently.

Anne is engaged to be married soon to a great guy, work is great, she loves her job and is advancing well. She has taken over the holidays in place of mom, which is fine by dad and I, I doubt we could handle it ourselves.

It's amazing how many little private reminders of mom are hidden around the house, It's to the point now where I can take one look at dad and know that he found something. Very sad indeed.

I have taken up with an old love, music and music gear, and am close to launching a small business building custom amplifiers and effects pedals. I can tell you that mom would be ecstatic, which makes me very proud. The night she passed I told her that I would get back into music as she was the happiest for me when I was in that environment.

I doubt I need to tell any of you how much you meant to her. I can say that I'm sure if she could, she would wish you all the best and leave you her love.

-Bo

Gerri 01-12-2011 10:12 PM

Bo,

What a wonderful tribute to your mother that you came back to this site to reminisce about her. It sounds like you are doing your best to move forward but sometimes it is difficult to do so when such an important person is missing from your life. It is obvious that your mom and dad did a wonderful job raising such a caring son. With sweet Lolly continuing to inspire you, I am sure your new music venture will be a huge success.

Thanks for stopping in and giving us an update. Much love to you and your family as you continue to find your way.

Jackie07 01-12-2011 10:35 PM

Ditto to what Gerri has written. My Mother-in-law passed away just half year after your Mom - Father-in-law is still in grief and we all miss her presence.

Please take good care of yourself and your Dad. And thanks for the update - your posting provides comfort to all of us.

Lori R 01-13-2011 06:13 AM

BO,
I so appreciate the update.

I wanted you to know that members of this board remember your mother and continue to hold fond memories of her generosity and kindness.

She was an inspiration to me in so many regards.

Lori

mamacze 01-13-2011 07:44 AM

Hi Bo!
What a ray of sunshine your email was in my in-box this morning! Few things are more joyful than a heart filled remembering of Lolly. I have no doubt that Lolly was nudging you, in her own way; to log on and share memories and best wishes. Ever the teacher; I wonder if in her wisdom, she realized that your words to us would be heart warming; while our words back to you may be a bit of salve on a lonely hole in your heart. It makes me wonder at how miraculous a small dose of love is...and how nice to hear that your family is able celebrate Lolly through your kayaking trips and small every day remembrances. Lolly must be so pleased, now that you have embraced the music career that was always near and dear to your heart. And now your sister Anne is engaged to be married to a nice guy...what mother doesn't long for a "nice" guy for her daughter; Lolly must be over the moon!
Thank you so much, Bo, for this "shout out", these words of remembering and the joy of knowing that you are all still cradling Lolly's memory with love. You just made my day.
Love
Kim from CT

Soccermom 01-13-2011 10:58 AM

Dear Bo,
It IS so lovely of you to come back here to remember your Mom.
What a dear sweet person and she is missed.
Thank you for making my day too!

Gentle hugs,Marcia

tricia keegan 01-13-2011 12:43 PM

Thank you Bo for coming back to say hi and think fondly of Lolly, as many of us here still do:)
She would indeed be very proud of you all, I lost my own Mum suddenly in Sept and can relate to how much we miss our Mothers when they're no longer with us. My best wishes to you and your family and I'm sure your Mom is smiling down on you all from Heaven:)

Becky 01-13-2011 04:20 PM

Dear Bo

Many of us think about Lolly so much. As many have said before me, yours was a joyful note because all the members of this board are a family - a different kind of family but we are bound none the less. As such, it is wonderful to hear from you and know that you are all on a good, healing path.

Much love to you and your family

Barbara H. 01-13-2011 05:05 PM

Thank you Bo for posting your heartfelt feelings about your mom. I always enjoyed hearing from Lolly, and still think of her. It was kind of you to come back and share your feelings.
Best wishes,
Barbara H.

Joan M 01-14-2011 07:51 AM

Bo,

Your mom was a wonderful member of this board, and she is an inspiration to me and many of us here. Thank you for letting us know how you and the family are doing.

Joan

KDR 01-14-2011 10:57 AM

I did not know your mother, doesn't matter...look at all the previous posts...my condolences to someone so well loved,
Karen

PinkGirl 01-14-2011 11:38 AM

Bo, your mom was such an important part of our group and we
miss her very much. Thanks for checking in with us. Stay well.

sassy 01-14-2011 01:19 PM

Bo,

Thanks for bring us back some memories of Lolly too. Your mom was a great help and inspiration to me and will always have a special place in the HER2Support family.

Best wishes as you and your family go forward.

Pam P 01-14-2011 01:49 PM

Bo, your message made me cry.... what a loving son and family. Lolly was an amazing woman and lucky to have you as a son. Pam

Sheila 01-15-2011 06:58 AM

Bo, thank you so much for coming back and updating all of us. Your Mom was a dear friend to me...my node sister here on the board, and the first person who reached out to me....she will always be close to my heart as I continue my battle...I learned immensley from my dear Lolly....thank you for sharing with us, and most importantly, for sharing your Mom! She is truly missed here!

sherri 01-26-2011 09:01 PM

Bo,

Your Mom was an angel, she was very smart and the kindest of all. She is so missed in my heart. I remember when I was diagnosed and didn't know what to do, just coming to this site and see her beautiful face gave me hope. To me she is one of those stars in the sky that even she is not with us anymore but still we can see her light for years and years.
Good luck with your music.

Love and hug,

Sherri