HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   About my new Miracle Drug, Eribulen (Halaven) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48323)

Sheila 01-11-2011 05:55 AM

Re: About my new Miracle Drug, Eribulen (Halaven)

Patricia
I never had an Anthracycline and BCBS is paying for the Halaven...if woese comes to worse, have the onc. give you 1 small dose of Anthracycline and then say you had a reaction or could not tolerate it....then go on Halaven....thats what mine would have done///I am guessing I get my scans in another week and a half, as i am slated for round 3 next Tuesday.....I am anxious to see what my internal mets show, as the neck mets are GONEEEEEEEEEE

Lori R 01-11-2011 06:00 AM

Sheila,
Gone ....baby....gone!!! That is the update I am waiting to hear. I am so, so happy for you.

As always, great advice for Patricia.

Wishing you both success in 2011.

Lori

Sheila 01-11-2011 06:16 AM

Hoping Patricia reads this!

pibikay 01-11-2011 06:59 AM

Hi
I am happy to hear the good news.I am on facebook and I will try and follow you

Delaney 01-11-2011 07:00 AM

Sheila, thrilled to hear your neck mets are GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I am going to beg on my knees for Halaven at my next appointment this month.
Best of luck with your scans, please keep us updated.
You are an inspiration.

Unregistered 01-11-2011 12:56 PM

Sheila:
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your response. I dont think my oncologyst or the medical facility I am in are that "human"....but I willl try.[Unfortunately they know that i could afford it if I had to pay, and that would cover all the costs and profitt of the medication without medicare deductions]. I will be watching out for your test results. Lots and lots of good thoughts for you. Patricia

TriciaK 01-12-2011 11:15 AM

Sheila, I am so thrilled that this new treatment is working so well for you!! I could have written the response from Patricia, as I have the same situation and insurance. (Same name, too). The only chemo I have had, plus herceptin, is navelbine, so I don't think I can qualify for Halaven either. My oncologist plans to start gemzar next week, but since my largest lung node is growing and markers rising, I am of course concerned that we choose the right chemo. Your response to Halaven seems almost miraculous and, like Patricia, I would like to see if I could try it.I will keep watching this thread. I am sending thoughts and prayers for you, Sheila, and for Patricia, too. When I see my oncologist next week I will ask him about Halaven and post his response. Hugs, TriciaK

Unregistered 07-07-2011 07:59 PM

My mom was diagnosed in Oct 10 with IBC
masectomy Feb 11

taxol
arithromycin
spread to liver
told incurable
now on halaven...tell me more please??????

krisvell 07-08-2011 03:07 PM

Sheila,
I am so very happy to see it working for you. This post made my day!
Hugs & prayers,
Kris...

Sheila 07-08-2011 05:50 PM

Kris
This is an old post...I was taken off the drug last week due to progression in the neck nodes...although the CT showed stable every where else...the onc, called it a mixed response. I did get 7 months out of it, but I now switch to Gemzar next week.

Jean 07-10-2011 08:36 AM

Onward and forward Sheila - you are amazing!!!
You should run the country and maybe we would not be in this mess.

Love ya
Jean

hutchibk 07-10-2011 11:32 AM

Good one Jean.