HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Herceptin / Tykerb (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Tykerb only (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31049)

Roz 01-04-2008 02:10 AM

Hi, While I am on the T/X combo, I am pleased to announce NED scans today!! I am on 4 and a half Tykerb tabs and still have the rash on my arms. Adrien, I was interested that you are still photosensitive, i thought perhaps I was because I still have the rash. I was thinking of dropping back to 4 tabs of Tykerb, but perhaps not, as i will still probably experience the photosensitivity (and summer has just started!).

Becca 01-04-2008 04:28 PM

Roz, great news about your scans. Terrific way to start 2008!

EstherO 01-26-2008 11:41 AM

tykerb iso herceptin

Hi ladies - brand new member.
Have been taking taxol with herceptin for the last 3 months. Now was told to continue with herceptin for a year - but I have been reading about tykerb - and thinking perhaps I should switch but my onc not recommending.
Heard Tykerb is easier on the heart - but hve been reading about side effects. While on taxol/herceptin for the last 3 months - hardly any reaction - except tingling on the toes only for the last 2 weeks. no stomach problems - slight heart palpitation and cough.
I am inquiring whether should continue with herceptin or change to Ty.
Any comments - thanks.
Esher

CurlyGirly 01-27-2008 03:43 AM

Hi
I'm possibly on Tykerb (TEACH trial) and was wondering if anyone on the drug has been getting an unusual number of cold sore like things on their lips and really nasty tongue sores?
Jan

Georgia girl 01-27-2008 06:08 AM

Tykerb only

I have been on Tykerb since May, and have also experienced the "runs" as a side effect. The issues everyone else has with acne, finger and toenails, etc. have also been a problem for me. I have never taken Xeloda - but was on herceptin for 3 years until I developed congestive heart failure.

My heart function has drastically improved on Tykerb, but I much preferred the herceptin because I had no side effects at all from it.

My onocologist is very up to date on the latest research, and I trust him completely, so I'll endure the problems to stay as healthy as I can.

Melissa 01-27-2008 07:44 PM

how did you get tykerb?

Michka,

If you don't mind me asking... How did you get Tykerb after finishing Herceptin? Are you on some type of trail. I asked my onc for it and he said I couldn't receive it since I have had herceptin, unless I have some type of reoccurance. Thanks Melissa

turbo 01-27-2008 11:43 PM

I am on the tykerb/ avastin trial and have no fatigue,occasional rash(rare) a little nausea after the pills for a short time...rare diarhea,nail cracking and sore. Is tykerb approved to be used alone?