HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Joy Column (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29652)

Marlys 08-21-2007 08:32 AM

I awoke this morning in God's wonderful world where nothing happens by mistake. Believing that makes every day joyful and worth living. I pray for each of you are who are experiencing difficulties in the course of this disease and thank God for His loving care. I also thank him for my beautiful granchildren who love a Grandma that can play video games with them!
I have never had a cat but love the story. I do have Pepe who loves to go for his SSNP walks. (That is for stop, sniff, "n pee.)
This thread is a great idea.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

BonnieR 08-21-2007 08:41 AM

Our newspaper has a daily happy musing. Today's is "Some think that joy is in short supply. Rather, it's in short use!"

fauxgypsy 08-21-2007 08:58 AM

We have an ongoing heatwave and drought. A few days ago I looked out my window to the garden. Much to my surprise I saw my half grown kittens playing in the water from the sprinkler. A little thing, but it made my day.

Leslie

BonnieR 08-21-2007 09:06 AM

Leslie, it is so often the "little things" isn't it? Unexpected...

doh2pa 08-21-2007 09:48 AM

I'm blessed with a lot of joy lately, so thanks for starting this Brenda. I'm joyful because:

1. I've reached my first "dear Lord let me stay alive long enough to" goal of seeing my oldest son off to college. We leave next week and it's sad but I'm so happy about the young man he's become and so excited for him as he's about to begin this wonderful journey.

2. I have a man who has loved me for 25 years and we still laugh and dance!

3. I have amazing friends who share the good times and bad but we laugh a lot more than we cry!

and last but not least.....

4. My eyelashes are growing! (sometimes it's the little things!)

hutchibk 08-21-2007 10:20 AM

I am headed out to pick my 'better half' up at the airport... he travels a lot with his work and is sometimes gone for 2-3 weeks at a time. What a blessing and a joy and a treasure he is in my life! My 12 year old 45 year old boy! LOL

He's a sweetie and brings so much joy to my life. Even when he drives me a little crazy.... you know what I mean.

Believe51 08-21-2007 10:49 AM

Ooops, I forgot this.....

You know I have been asking for signs lately. I open up the paper and what do I see?

An article with the word:

BELIEVE!!

It was a front page story and the word was smack dab in the center of the page. When I read it (second time this week that word was in the center of something I was about to read) it reminded me of who I am.

I am thankful that in my sad day I was reminded of what is important to me and what I need to do to conquer this all!!

Believe51

MJo 08-21-2007 12:55 PM

Joy is not having to water my garden in the morning because it's raining!!

Joy is starting to deal with 40 pound weight gain and eat healthy again 20 months after diagnosis (thank you weight watchers core program)

lilyecuadorian 08-21-2007 01:46 PM

Hey

today ...I went to do a mammogram for my left breast ( the same doctor who find the beast lasat year ) told me .."this time is not a bad news is a good news ...the calcification that you have last year still the same and are bening ...so let me schedule for next year on Aug" do you hav any question ? just look at him smile and said THANK YOU ....

Emelie 08-21-2007 05:09 PM

Joy

for me today was to wake up and open my eyes and to hear the birds singing in the tree outside my window. I thank God every day for allowing me to grace this wonderful place for one more day.
Emelie

cafe1084 08-21-2007 06:46 PM

There is a patient at work who has, since I first lost my hair, believed me to be "Stevie", her stepson LOL. She even introduced me at her birthday party as "...Stevie, the most wonderful son a woman could ever ask for." So, today, I am talking with her and she tugs at my hair and raises an eyebrow at me and says "Stevie, you may want to think about getting a haircut." I didn't realize my hair had gotten so long, because just a few short months ago, I felt sure it would never grow back.

Steph C.

Mary Jo 08-21-2007 06:51 PM

Tuesday Evenings Joy

It is Tuesday evening. I am sitting here relaxing - reading all the wonderful posts from my WONDERFUL cyber friends. Also, my wonderful sweetie of almost 29 years (Sept. 2) and I are leaving tomorrow for a little mini vacation to western Wisconsin in an old fashioned town. We are traveling through a lot of little old fashioned towns as well. I love to do things like that.

Another "joy" moment!!

Mary Jo

BonnieR 08-21-2007 08:45 PM

I was going to lunch with a friend who is visiting and we found a stray dog along the way. No tags. Spent the afternoon tracking down his owner. The JOY was seeing the successful reunion!!!!! I have never seen a happier dog!!!

hutchibk 08-22-2007 01:27 AM

I love lost pet reunions! They are awesome.

Believe51 08-22-2007 08:40 AM

It's meeeee!!!

Todays Joy: My son called me at 1:00 am this morning because he needed his mom. It was my pleasure and honor to be able to answer the phone, talk him into closure, and then tell him to go to sleep. When he was little we would always say each night, "See you in the morning when the sun comes up". He came up with this saying and we said it all through his childhood.

It was my JOY this morning to be there for my terrific son and it surely was a JOY to say "See you in the morning when the son comes up", I missed that so.

This post is wonderful!!!>>Believe51

Audrey 08-22-2007 10:42 AM

I saw a hummingbird this morning in my flower garden--It was so tiny and bright--what a beautiful creature. Made me smile!

hutchibk 08-22-2007 11:10 AM

My joy today is waking up and still laughing at a favorite comedian of mine who I watched on Comedy Central last night, Jim Gaffigan! That guys just cracks me up! And laughing, really, really laughing is one of my favorite things to do in the whole world...

StephN 08-22-2007 11:46 AM

Birds ...

Whoever says "Life is for the birds" may not really know what they are saying. Birds do a lot to lift my spirits! Audrey had a hummingbird visit. We have several nests around.

Three years ago I put a hummingbird feeder hanging from a shepard's hook right next to the edge of our patio. I sit and read or ponder my garden and then I hear the whirring of their wings. Some times there are 2 or 3 divebombing me and while one feeds the others will land in the lilac bush and "stand guard." At times one will come close to my face and just hover in the air looking at me. I wonder which angel sent them...

We have two birdbaths and one is quite near the kitchen window under a sheltering Japanese maple. All kinds of birds visit our yard I got a field guide so we now know more about all the different birds that come. The Flickers peck in the grass, the sparrows take "dirt baths," the Jays come and chase off the others, Mr. Robin comes and hogs the birdbath, and the Finches, Siskens and Chickadees are among other regulars. At times we will see one of the rarer birds and that is always a treat to find it in the field guide.

tousled1 08-22-2007 07:23 PM

My joy today was when I picked up my grandson at school. He came running down the hall and gave me the biggest hug and kiss. Then when we got home we sat down together with a pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream and two spoons. Eli is my joy everyday and whenever I'm feeling down he seems to sense it and just pours on the love. Grandchildren have to be God's greatest gift.

sassy 08-22-2007 07:44 PM

StephN,

I can relate to your love of birds, I have several feeders outside that I can watch from kitchen and patio doors. I also have been raising zebra finches for several years, but think I am ready to pass them on to someone else to rear now.

At the lake this weekend, it was a wonderful birding time. In additional to the regulars, we saw blue herron, white crane, kingfisher and bald eagle. Birds give me joy.
________
SerennaHot