HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Ten Years Stage 4 … and still A-OK (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61094)

tricia keegan 05-29-2014 02:13 PM

Re: Ten Years Stage 4 … and still A-OK

Wow, many congrats to you Kim and here's to many more!!!

Adriana Mangus 05-29-2014 03:05 PM

Dear Kim,

Thank you for sharing the great news. Happy Birthday and many, many more.

Adriana

mamacze 05-29-2014 06:47 PM

Very few things in life give me as much cheer as a shout out from so many Her2 sisters - thank you all for your kind words and cheerful greetings.
Karen, Becky, Sarah, Ceesun, Ellie F, Adriana, Tricia - I love seeing your names - it is so comforting seeing old friends on this site for many years.
SusanW, KaiM, Bunty, Pamelamary, 4angel, Dianamk, Pray - it seems like you are nipping at my heels and running after NED. Hang in there, you’re doing good!
annettechen - you just keep on shooting’ for the moon, honey. Hold that beautiful baby close - with today’s research progress I feel like 20 years IS within reach!
crb, lizbeth, amy, Michka, Dizzydoo, FLFrost, Adriana - I feel like you are still in the midst of treatment turmoil and yet you still have the grace to share in my own Yahoo moment - true angels, all of you.
love and hugs times 10,
Kim (from CT)

jacqueline1102 05-29-2014 08:00 PM

Hi Kim,

Count me in on the congrats. I am so happy and encouraged by your story. Hope you had a wonderful bday.

Take good care,

Jackie

caya 05-29-2014 08:10 PM

Hi Kim,

I missed your original post as I was away for a couple of weeks.

Big congrats to you on being 10 years out, and at stage 4 yet!!

all the best
caya

sassy 05-29-2014 08:38 PM

Such wonderful news! Thanks for sharing and I hope your birthday was absolutely fantabulous!!!!!!

BIG CONGRATS!!!!!!

Lisalou 05-29-2014 10:25 PM

Happy canniversary! Awesome!

Mtngrl 05-30-2014 09:08 AM

Kim,

It's so sweet of you to respond individually. You are a blessing to this group.

Coux92 05-30-2014 12:59 PM

congratulations Kim. What a great Birthday present! Ten years stable...Keep 'em coming. Thanks for the inspiration.

StephN 05-30-2014 07:17 PM

Dear Kim -
After TEN more years of such hopeful postings, you will see age 68 and on from there.

With a glad heart I read your post and see that it is just "one little stinky met" that is stubborn. Well, you can live with it - just keep it in its "littleness".

Does PET show uptake there? Or could it have been reduced to a little scar spot by now?

Enjoy the summer and all it holds for you and your family.

Becky 05-31-2014 09:09 AM

Always great to talk to you here Mama. As always, you are in my thoughts and wishes. Love you lots.

Jean 05-31-2014 09:27 AM

Dear Kim,
I remember when I was brand new on the site and read your posts - I was terrified for you and all of us.
But - your strong spirit and calming presence always offered hope and that there was a way to fight.

Wishing you continued NED...
and Happy Birthday.
Jean

Kim in CA 06-01-2014 10:07 AM

Ahhh Kim,

What a lovely post, and a very happy belated birthday to you. Congratulations on your 10 yr. milestone. I too remember so vividly when I had my 1st recurrence to my liver and the fear really set in. The thought of leaving my family was unbearable. I had already endured the stem cell procedure in 97, so I figured there was no way I'd make it through another chemo, and even if I did, it probably wouldn't prolong my life by much. That was before I had learned about our amazing Herceptin! It has truly been our miracle drug. Thank You DR. Slamon!

So a toast to you dear one, on your wonderful news and a belated birthday hug coming your way!

Kim

mamacze 06-01-2014 08:07 PM

Honestly, a glass of wine, chocolate and a web chat with old her2 friends…what could be better?
Jackie, Caya, Sassy, Jean and StephN - It seems like all of you too are hanging in there with NED - NED, my how he gets around - we need to introduce him to a few more members...
StephN - My cancer never showed on a PET scan - CAT scans only. I feel like I have had so much radiation that I should be starting to glow in the dark. I always think of you with special amazement - that you conquered brain mets and have been NED for so long.
And Kim from CA - another of my mentors - It is so good to hear from you. I am wondering how you are - judging by your signature, you are still in treatment? How is the Perjeta working for you? My second opinion doctor at Sloan Kettering seems to love Perjeta; says it is similar to Herceptin and that we can be on it long term. Is it working magic on you?
XOXO
Kim

Catherine 06-01-2014 08:34 PM

Congratulations Kim! Yours is a great story and you tell it with such love and hope for all! Here,s to the next 10 years!

SusanN 06-02-2014 11:53 AM

Huge Celebrations are in the air, Happy "belated" Birthday...so grateful to hear your news...thank you for sharing!! :)

Kgregorin 07-12-2014 12:09 PM

Wow! I am so very happy for you. I know what a milestone that anniversary is, my daughter was diagnosed almost four years ago at the age of 32 with stage 4, er+ her2-. Because of her diagnosis we were tested and we are brca2+. My daughter saved my life, because of the brca2 thing I was monitored every 6 months. Mammo and MRI, well in April the MRI showed something, next biopsies and I am stage 1 her2+. Just started treatment after bilateral mastectomy. I know I will beat this but I pray that my daughter will also be one of the luckier ones to beat this beast down for many years to come. Thank you for your uplifting post. I wish you many more years living well.

SoCalGal 07-14-2014 11:03 PM

LOVED reading your update! Happy belated birthday - and thanks for the reality check on all things possible...you are three years ahead of me in stage-fouring!!

Hope you had a great birthday and thanks for all the encouraging words. <3 <3 <3

mamacze 07-16-2014 09:05 PM

Thank you SusanN and SoCalGal for your kind words and best wishes.
And Kgregorin, I can see that you hold your daughter close; how could you not. She is so young, and then in the midst of her crisis, she saves your life. Somehow there is a thread of good Karma running between the two of you. I too pray that your daughter will beat the beast. She is lucky to have you as her loving mom. Godspeed to you both.

lkc Gumby 07-21-2014 10:31 AM

Hi Kim, A belated Happy Birthday and a BIG congrats on your mega milestone. I wish for you long long happy years ahead, and that the stinkin spot resolves. ( which it surely could)