HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Calling all stage iv sisters (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48453)

Andrea Barnett Budin 10-30-2014 10:59 AM

Re: Calling all stage iv sisters

Annett, Gift -- plenty of room here. Put on your unflinching determination attitude, mix with love and forge on. KNOW it has been done.

Love,
Andi

annettchen 10-30-2014 12:28 PM

Andi - words fail to describe the hope you gave me when I was first diagnosed. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!

I sincerely believe that Hope is the most precious thing to have in our situation! I just KNOW that one day there will be a cure for each and every one of us!

Mtngrl 11-01-2014 09:45 AM

Just a note on terminology: Any spread of cancer beyond the breast is "metastatic" in a sense, but it is not Stage IV unless cancer has spread to distant organs, to the bones, or to distant lymph nodes. The lymph nodes in the armpit next to the breast are not "distant."

On the other hand, in talking with people who aren't as intimately familiar with cancer lingo as we are, "metastatic" seems to be understood better than Stage IV. I remember someone gravely intoning, in a hushed voice, about someone (alive) who was dealing with "Stage V" cancer. I just nodded. No point in arguing.

Hongdo 11-01-2014 02:29 PM

I am still NED thankfully.
Had a failed DIEP flap reconstruction in June. Hope to try again next year with an LD reconstruction .
Having herceptin and tamoxifen long term.

Andrea Barnett Budin 11-05-2014 04:10 PM

Annette, you made my heart smile. I KNOW you are right btw...

I was dx from the getgo as Stage IV (huge tumor) and 2 out of 21 lymph nodes involved. I became metastatic and HER2 positive in '98 when my bc spread throughout my liver. Those lymph nodes have a ticket to go anywhere they choose. (No HER2 testing back in '95.)

A friend asked, I don't even know what that means, Stage IV. How many stages are there???? I couldn't speak. My husband explained. There are no more stages after IV. All I could think was the next stage is death. Chilling. Then I resolved to LIVE anyway...!!!!!! Strong, brave and determined!

KathyT 11-05-2014 08:48 PM

Thank you all for your stories, it is very hopeful and encouraging to hear of all your success stories!!

KaiM 11-08-2014 07:14 PM

Just checking in and hopefully giving hope to new members. I just passed my 3 year mark since being initially diagnosed stage IV. I am living a full life and raising my kiddos. I wasn't even sure my son would ever know his mother and he turned 3 this summer! I feel blessed.

SoCalGal 11-09-2014 06:06 PM

Count me in! Almost 8 years in my final stage. Fully functional, and bitchy as ever...
SoCalGal :)

yanyan 11-09-2014 10:36 PM

Currently suffering from radiation but very happy to be around!!!

Kim in CA 11-15-2014 11:48 AM

Just checking in since it's been awhile.

I've recently updated my signature, and as you can see, I'm still hangin in!

13 years stage IV, who would have ever "thunk" it!

KsGal 12-17-2014 08:04 AM

I haven't been here in quite a while. Just wanted to update everyone and hopefully provide some hope to newcomers. I was stage IV three years ago, mets to liver and brain. I am currently NED. Those brain tumors were hard to shake! But the body has been clear for two years now and brain clear for eight or nine months after Cyberknife surgery. Keep the faith!

DianaMK 12-17-2014 06:06 PM

Great news! Thanks for the encouraging news! God's blessings!

annettchen 12-17-2014 07:05 PM

Great News! Thanks KsGal and all the other ladies that post here every now and then to let us newbies know that there is a future! I log on here every time I feel discouraged or scared - it helps me immensly! Thank you!
And keep doing what you're doing - I want so to be like you guys when I'm grown up...

Bunty 12-22-2014 05:26 PM

Thought I'd chime in on my 'anniversary' of initial diagnosis. 14 years ago today I heard those words that we have all heard, and just over 7 years ago mets were found (see my signature). I'm very happy to report I'm strong, healthy and living always with this disease, of course with the ups and downs that come with the ride! With bad luck of timing of my initial diagnosis, Herceptin wasn't available to me, (I started on it 7 years ago), so I truly believe that all you ladies, (and men), who have had the benefit of the one year adjuvant Herceptin, the game has changed for the better. The research is proving this!

Best wishes
Marie

Lauriesh 12-22-2014 06:19 PM

Hi,
I don't think I have posted lately on this thread.
I also am doing well after being diagnosed with liver mets in July, 2010.
This Feb, I will be Ned for 4 years.
I have 3 kids. My little girl was 8 when I was diagnosed stage 4. She wil be turning 13 soon!

Laurie

Dakini52 12-28-2014 03:05 PM

I just love reading these posts! Makes me feel so hopeful about the future for us all :-)

annettchen 01-28-2015 10:23 AM

Don't have much, but sometimes every little thing counts! Got results from my 3 months scan today - all stable on Herceptin/Perjeta/Xgeva! Oncologist says given fast initial response and current stability looks like I might be in for the long run - I take that any day of the week! :-)

KathyT 01-28-2015 10:47 AM

That's great news, congrats!!
Never give up....

Carol Ann 01-28-2015 12:18 PM

YAAAY, great news!

Carol Ann

Lucy 01-28-2015 06:38 PM

That's great Annette. I'm very happy for you. :)

Thanks for sharing.