HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   The Campfire (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37483)

harrie 03-03-2009 11:09 PM

...I'm still here!....

chrisy 03-04-2009 07:33 AM

harrie, wake up. here, I'll put another log on and warm up some coffee

harrie 03-04-2009 10:21 AM

what?what?what?what?

ElaineM 03-04-2009 11:27 AM

The Campfire

Coffee? Did somebody say "coffee"? I think I could smell it in my sleeping bag. I can't start my day without it. Can I have a cup?

chrisy 03-04-2009 01:35 PM

Welcome Elaine...Harriecanary and I are on our second pot, so we have to switch to decaf now. But leaded or unleaded, it is nice and hot!

StephN 03-04-2009 02:44 PM

What happened to the hot chocolate??
Anybody have any - with or without a shot of liqeur?

Just came back from the Dutch bakery. How's lemon poppyseed muffins sound?

Got a chocolate one too that every one will have to draw straws for ...

But first we ought to join hands and have a silent prayer for some of our friends who are not here.

chrisy 03-04-2009 04:16 PM

My hand is a little cold right now, but I feel it warming up as I clasp yours. As I join you in silent prayers for all our friends, I envision all of us healthy and whole, loved and comforted.

Sheila 03-04-2009 05:20 PM

Chris
I'll take some of that hot coffee...sure wish Bill would bring some cupcakes to us...
I truly wish this disease would be dashed by the warm fire, unable to ever destroy another spirit.

hutchibk 03-04-2009 05:23 PM

I'm in on the prayer circle... it's a good time to do a little reflecting. I'm adding my boy tabby Milo to the prayer list. He was dxed this week with lymphoma surrounding his entire stomach. My heart is just mush right now. It's critical kitty care time around my house, and I just pray for him to decline slowly without suffering pain... sigh.

ElaineM 03-04-2009 09:04 PM

The Campfire

Here's a little hot chocolate Steph. The lemon poppyseed muffins sound great. I also brought some veggie chili for this cook evening.
I was thinking we should remember those who need a few prayers at the campfire. Good idea. We can add Milo to the humans who need prayers.

SoCalGal 03-04-2009 11:27 PM

Mike, Ike, and Flori...

Hope you like Mike n' Ikes. Too bad I ate all the marshmallows. Next time I'll save some for the campfire. Will taste better than the toaster oven, no doubt.

It's a beautiful, crisp night since it rained today and you can actually see some stars.

I am going to pray with you now, too. I am certain that God is present...

harrie 03-04-2009 11:27 PM

Ok everyone....lets clasp all our cold fingers together and begin to feel the warmth and energy move among us as we send our prayers out into the universe.

WomanofSteel 03-05-2009 06:44 AM

Brenda, sending out a hug for Milo. I feel for you honey, it's a tough thing to go through. He has you to help him through it and you have us, so hang in there. Meanwhile, let me join in the prayer circle. I brought some choc cupcakes too! MMMMMMMMM! I could use a cup of joe.

Soccermom 03-05-2009 07:26 AM

I am dragging my lawnchair closer to the fire to share in the companionship and prayers...forgive me if I 'go away" occaisionally..
Just want to share that my friend,Caryn (yes another Caryn) the one in Phila,PA, got to fulfill one of her dreams by meeting Donnie Osmond...I am happy for this warrior woman who has been brutalized by the beast...
Now I seek your company and warmth, cause I am cold too..
Brenda, many hugs of compassion for Milo
Marcia

vickie h 03-05-2009 08:47 AM

Brenda, Warm hugs to Milo. Throwing on some eucalyptus logs for him. Love, Vickie

ElaineM 03-05-2009 02:47 PM

The Campfire

Eucalyptus logs sound good to me. Prayers are going into the universe for healing, direction and comfort.

freyja 03-05-2009 03:10 PM

Love you all.

vickie h 03-05-2009 08:41 PM

Where is everybody? Oh, there you are...it's dark out here....
P raying for all those who have gone before us and who are leaving soon. I , too, love you all.

hutchibk 03-05-2009 11:25 PM

Thanks everyone, from me and Milo. He's hanging tough, but we need to get through the weekend in stable condition to see the oncology vet on Monday. He might still be able to do chemo, and then maybe not. We'll have to see...sigh. Cats (all pets really) are quite simply angels on earth. He has been the most amazing nurse through all of my treatments, I just can't fathom that this beast has stricken him, too.

This hot cocoa is good. Frangelica anyone? I've got plenty. And I have an extra Snuggie if anyone gets chilly.

hutchibk 03-05-2009 11:28 PM

Oh, and watch out for the little traps I set on the outskirts of the tents... don't want any boogeymen sneaking up on us from the depths of darkness out there.