HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   The Campfire (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37483)

WomanofSteel 02-23-2009 05:11 PM

Things are getting kinda kinky around this fire. I like it! May I please have some hot cocoa too?

StephN 02-23-2009 06:24 PM

What else is getting put into that cocoa??

Should I stick with my herbal teas or switch??

Bill 02-23-2009 08:15 PM

Hucklebuck? When you say "faux" bison or rabbit fur, do you mean "fake" or painted on? For the record, if it's cold, I demand real fur. Those paint-brushes tickle like hell....I would imagine.

hutchibk 02-23-2009 10:26 PM

If only I were an artist...

harrie 02-23-2009 11:45 PM

What do you know..... just happen to have my paint, brushes and feathers handy!! Who's ready??!!!

BTW my BIG BIG NEWSSSSSS!!!!!!! Hey, hey hey...got my biopsy results back from that thing on my back!! The ofc call at noon today at work and the final word is "NO CANCER CELLS"!!!! YA-HOO!!! I was rather worried and now I am SO relieved and I feel like a new dawn has come!!

SO LETS CELEBRATE YA ALL!!!!

YA-YA-YA-YA-YA!!! Thats my celebrating happy yell!!

hutchibk 02-24-2009 02:00 AM

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S Harrie!! Now let's get to painting...

freyja 02-24-2009 04:53 PM

I brought enough for everyone!

Colleens_Husband 02-24-2009 05:36 PM

How come Bill got the largest furs? This bites!

I think I better find some more wood. I think we are going to need a great big fire tonight.

hutchibk 02-24-2009 09:33 PM

Don't get jello, Lee - I got you matching ensembles.

Jackie07 02-24-2009 09:40 PM

Steph:

"Perfectly chocolate" Hot cocoa [Hershey's]calls for milk and sugar, dash salt (I never understand this part) and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract.

Do you know that the Mongolians put milk in their tea? The tea leaves was pressed into a brick-like shape. Before they got on the saddles, they put a chunk of the tea 'brick' into their leather bags that have milk in it. After they rode the horses for a while, the tea was completely mixed with the liquid and ready to drink.

ElaineM 02-25-2009 03:58 PM

The Campfire

Those practical Mongolians !!
I don't have a horse to ride fast and jump around on, so I will just have to mix things another way.
Green tea anyone?

chrisy 02-25-2009 04:52 PM

OK, this is the kinkiest campfire since the church camp I went to when I was like 12. I'm afraid to come closer so I'll just lurk back here in the shadows. Hope it doesn't get too cold...but I see that Lee is planning on a big blaze tonight so that's good.

Bill 02-25-2009 05:33 PM

It's ok, Chris. Brenda and Lee didn't mean anything. They were just funnin'. Come on over here and sit by the fire. It's a cold night and you're creeping everybody out by standing over there in the shadows. Here, let me toss a piece of wood onto the fire for you.

hutchibk 02-25-2009 05:50 PM

Freya - are those commas or serrano peppers? If they are serranos, I'd like some campfire fajitas, please, with a few peppers sauteed in, on a sizzling platter with a CotoƱo Mexicano Coffee!

freyja 02-25-2009 09:07 PM

Flori's red comma went over so well in the Lani's post thread, I thought I'd spread the love.

Believe51 02-26-2009 07:37 AM

I have brought some Girl Scouts cookies, not the most healthiest of snacks but if we stick to one or two of the peanut butter sandwich ones we will be safe. The peanut butter was deemed safe to eat. I am sucker for a little girl in a uniform!

I have some sprigs of dried jasmine that I took for Brenda and her boys. That will help them sleep better if she places them under her bed. I have saved some for tea and rice for later.

I have added some more logs to our eternal fire and am now off to get Chrissy out of the woods.>>Believe51

chrisy 02-26-2009 10:50 AM

Thanks Marie, I feel better now with you to guide me back. and thanks Bill for your reassurance.

I brought some thin mints to share. I think they're a weight loss aid, since they have the word "thin" in them. Of course maybe not if you eat a whole sleeve in 10 seconds.

MMMMMMM

Believe51 02-26-2009 11:21 AM

Chrissy, that post just made me literally laugh out loud. Boy you do have a habit of doing that to me!!>>Believe51

ElaineM 02-26-2009 03:11 PM

The Campfire

Here's a thermos of hot tea to go with the cookies.
The wind is blowing cool air. I want to put my gloves on, but I can't drink tea and eat the lunch I brought with me with gloves. Oh well.

ElaineM 02-27-2009 09:20 PM

The Campfire

Did everybody go home and turn on the central heating instead of sitting by the campfire?