HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Joy Column (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29652)

norwegian 03-18-2008 01:14 PM

Joy is that spring is close, and I can work in my friend's green house.
Joy is that my son wants to come with us to our cottage for one week.
Joy is that he is doing well and has found his way. I love him!

Karen W 03-18-2008 01:42 PM

Joy today is that my 15 year old daughter and I had a great day together on Sunday and that night, before she went to bed, we shared stories and mine made her laugh until her stomach hurt.

I love my teenager so much.

Karen

jones7676 03-19-2008 07:56 AM

Joy is starting seeds even when there is still snow outside. I believe spring will appear someday here in the snowy U.P.

Believe51 03-19-2008 12:14 PM

Lots and lots of joy today...

"Today's Joy"....being able to enjoy another anniversary from the day Ed & I met. Fifteen years today with hopes for many many more.>>Believe51

Believe51 03-27-2008 11:30 AM

Quacked Me Up........

When travelling to my Mother-in-Law's new home about 40 miles away (whaahh, want her closer) we enjoyed the sun, some great music and the best company. Not much traffic on these back roads so it was funny to see someone behind us and someone in the opposite lane. Both stopped suddenly and remained there.

Today's Joy: The reason was to let a gynormous and beautiful white duck cross the road. I looked at Ed and replied "Now THAT is why you are taking treatment!!"

Taking treatment allows us to buy the time to be able to view these little things in life. These little things add up to be the wonderful stories we call our lives!!

Believe51

Believe51 04-02-2008 11:50 AM

Ahhh, how romantic.....

This is the time of year when you can get your yearly 'Girl Scout Cookie's'. Not the most nutritious snacking but sweet memories from childhood fill my mind while enjoying them. I stepped out of my office for a moment and upon my return my boss was talking about our favorite cookie's, the peanut butter sandwich ones, yummy yummy. I asked him who was selling them this year and he said that I came too late, sales are over for the Girlscouts. This made me sad until....

Today's Joy: My boss told me he would share our fab faves with me if I was really really good. I did not need the pressure to be good and teased him about the pressure he places upon me daily (yeah right). I was sad to know that sales were over but felt it was for my own good.

On Sunday Mighty Oak felt like he was 'not even sick' so he took a ride by himself to try to go shopping and help with the errands he used to be able to do. He went to the bakery and came home so proud.

More Joy: So happy he replied: "Marie, I went to the bakery and brought you a cheese danish (more nutrition-ha). If you think that is a treat, look in the other bag."

Opening the bag slowly I peeked in. Laying alone in this bag was a single box of my fab faves from Girl Scouts!! He told me that the little girl that sold it to him was 'knee high to a grasshopper'.

I did cry as I reveled in the romance of it all AND the normalcy. Another reminder of the life that once was. And still is. This is just the type of thing he would always do before getting sick. So I was thankful for the gesture, the cookies themselves, the normalcy once more. But most of all I loved the fact that cancer can only steal so much and that some things it can never rob!! Take that Cancer...how 'ya like me now??>>Believe51

juanita 04-02-2008 06:10 PM

My joy is that I have one more day of work this week, after missing 2 days cuz I was sick, before we go on spring break and I get to have Dilly with me for a week.

Believe51 04-14-2008 12:14 PM

Believe's Joy

My Mother-in-Law called yesterday to speak with me!!

Today's Joy: She mentioned how much she loves me, what a special person I am. She thanked me for being a wonderful wife and for loving her son. Also mentioned how happy she was to have me as her Daughter-in-Law!

Then she asked me HOW I WAS!!

One of life's joys. I love her so very much>>Believe51

harrie 04-14-2008 11:15 PM

Wow Believe, that is awesome!!! If MY mother-in-law did that I would totally jump for joy and the probably die of a heart attack!!!

Believe51 04-22-2008 12:07 PM

Still My Protector

Ed and I went for a ride last night since he felt so well and I thought that was a gift in itself.......

Today's Joy: We almost got into an accident and Ed stuck out his arms by force of habit to keep me in my seat. It is so nice to know that even fighting BC my boy is still able to protect me!!!

lilyecuadorian 04-22-2008 01:28 PM

Marie your angel name is ED

Bill 04-27-2008 03:29 PM

The Joy in my life today (and for quite some time) is this her2 website and all of the wonderful people I've met here. We all have our life-stories to tell, and I thank God that he has blessed me with a chance to be here and to know you and yours. Peace and love to all of you, Bill

juanita 04-27-2008 07:48 PM

My joy for today was seeing little Nicky again! i love babies!

Mary Jo 05-01-2008 07:45 PM

My joy today was meeting an elderly gentleman at the grocery store who I believe was an angel from Heaven. He was so awesome.....so happy....so kind.....talking to me (and we had never met before) about " how blessed we all have been even though life is hard and at times we don't see those blessings" Then he looked me in the eyes, with this huge smile on his face and said "I can tell you know what I am talking about because I see how happy you are by the sparkle in your eyes." I told him that I was happy he saw my happiness because sharing that happiness is what I live for. I told him that I too saw the "sparkle" in his eyes. (when I spoke though the whole grocery store heard because the man told me he couldn't hear well today because he forgot to put his hearing aides in - so I talked LOUDLY - hahahahahahaha)

Then he left................ he started walking towards the door and then he turned around and smiled and waved. It was awesome. I felt as if he was one of God's special angels walking this earth.

Just had to share with you all.

Mary Jo

Jackie07 05-01-2008 08:04 PM

He was. And you are, too.

Believe51 05-16-2008 07:38 AM

I am so happy

Today's Joy: Mighty Oak's 10TH and last treatment is today. Off to a chemo holiday, then.....look, to your left....could that be Ed & Marie dancing with NED next to the Honeysuckle and Jasmine???.....Oh, I think so.

Another joy will be us trying to get back even more normalcy. Believe me, life will be so different now. Well deserved My Hero>>Believe51

Faith in Him 05-16-2008 09:41 AM

Today's joy is that I get to see my sweet daughter in a play tonight. She has been practicing since January. I am so very proud and feeling very blessed to be here to see it.

StephN 05-16-2008 11:40 AM

Cirque Du Soleil

Hubby took me to see Cirque du Soleil's CORTEO. They are here this month.

This is actually from a couple of days ago, but I am still thinking about it and seeing flashes of the performers and hearing the music.

Third time we have been over the years, and I am especially fond of the "Cirque" as I used to watch them on Bravo channel when I was down with my chemos a few years ago. These performers are always awe inspiring!

If they can perform those unthinkable feats, than I can darn sure beat this cancer!!!

sassy 05-16-2008 08:48 PM

My joy today---I got home from work (awards program and reception for graduates) about 11p.m., to find out I had won the grand prize in the local athletic booster drawing---$3,000!

Bill 05-16-2008 11:24 PM

my joy today is logging on and seeing the good news from Sassafras!