HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   The Campfire (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37483)

hutchibk 02-19-2009 09:03 PM

waiting to hear from the cabana boys - Lee? Bill? A hot buttered rum, please.

harrie 02-20-2009 12:17 AM

Hey Brenda...I LOVE your new pic!! You look GREAT as usual!!

I read The Prophet many MANY yrs ago. Maybe I should pick it up again.

I am reading Three Cups of Tea right now.

OOoooo, the fresh homemade pretzels sound great!! Maybe I can dip it in my hot choc!

WomanofSteel 02-20-2009 06:28 AM

Ok Brenda, I remember seeing Born Free when I was younger and I cried my eyes out. I also have read the books, although it was long ago. I must admit that though I have read a fine share of poetry and classic literature I am a sucker for Stephen King books and Patricia Cornwell. So I would probably have one of their books in my pack. Gee Brenda, I wonder if I can lug my tempurpedic mattress out to this fire? Maybe the guys can help.

Believe51 02-20-2009 09:08 AM

WomanofSteel, I too cried while watching 'Born Free', in fact, to this day I still do whenever I see it. I have never read the book though and would love to read it. Better yet, think Hucklebuck would read it to us?? Stephen King is one of my old time favorites but please do not read any outloud, Harrie would appreciate it. Have you read any of King's poetry??>>Believe51

WomanofSteel 02-20-2009 09:12 AM

Marie, I like being read to. Lately my books have been audio versions. I take them to treatment with me and they help pass the time. I have never read any of King's poetry, I am curious now and will have to check this out. My fav poet is ee cummings.

Believe51 02-20-2009 09:24 AM

The book may be hard to find and if you have no luck let me know. I would be glad to send it to you so you could borrow it. Hey, what are friends for?? From one book freak to another..>>Believe51

hutchibk 02-20-2009 11:51 AM

Perhaps this is my opportunity for a little extra $$ - I can record the Born Free audio books, no? Tears and crying jags included. I'm taking orders... LOL~

Harrie, the pic is of me at the Super Bowl right as the clock expired and the confetti started to fall. It was pretty cool.

Bill 02-20-2009 04:21 PM

Ok, Brenda, I give in. Do you want green grapes or red/purple, and seedless or with seeds? (That really is a great picture)And yes, WOS, I can help with the mattress lugging.

hutchibk 02-21-2009 12:56 AM

Well, the red ones (or concord, preferred) have all the resveratrol, so I guess I'll do those! Thanks cabana boy!

Colleens_Husband 02-21-2009 10:51 AM

Hey Brenda! Are you sure this is in the job description of a cabana boy? It's getting cold and I want to put my clothes back on.

hutchibk 02-21-2009 11:52 AM

Aww, geez, couldn't you just stand a little closer to the fire?

ElaineM 02-21-2009 08:57 PM

The Campfire

Put your clothes back on. This is winter. You don't want to catch a bad cold. We would miss you around the campfire and we can't have anybody sneezing and coughing around the campfire. Some of us have compromised immune systems from chemo.

harrie 02-21-2009 09:23 PM

Wow Brenda!...So that is a pic of you dancing up at the end of the SB game??!! Looks like you are SO HAPPY!! LOVE that pic of you!!! What were you wearing, a bikini top??!!

And also I might want to mention....Brenda, you should be the poster child for someone who has has fought the battle well and has come out looking as beautiful as ever!!

hutchibk 02-22-2009 11:36 AM

LOL Harrie - no the previous pic was of me at the SB. I took that one down and put up this one of me (with my toupee haha) posing for our 2007 Art Bra Calendar, I was Miss October. But I'm getting a little cold, I think I'll move over closer to the fire with Lee and Bill.

harrie 02-22-2009 12:31 PM

Oh Brenda THAT is REALLY funny!!! I was thinking, man you must have been celebrating BIG time to be ending up stripping and dancing at the SB!!!

ElaineM 02-22-2009 08:57 PM

The Campfire

I have been walking in the wind. I came to the campfire to warm up. Does anybody have some hot tea or hot chocolate? I would love a cup right now.

Jackie07 02-22-2009 09:43 PM

Be careful, the tempreture is dropping tonight. Here's a cup of Hershey's cocoa - natural unsweetened - containing natural antioxidants. Enjoy!

I'm fixing several more cups in case Maryanne, Brenda, or other 'nightstalker' happens by. Brenda definitely needs several cups to stay warm .

ElaineM 02-23-2009 08:46 AM

The Campfire

Thanks Jackie. The hot chocolate is sooooo good I feel warm all the way to my toes. Some of us from Hawaii just don't tolerate cooler weather as the rest of you guys do.

vickie h 02-23-2009 10:09 AM

It's still raining here...need a poncho or a lean-to to get under. the hot chocolate is great. I made some with rice milk and almond milk for those who are lacto intolerant... throwing some madrone wood on the fire for color and warmth and tossing in some more fears. Breathe, breathe, breath,
Love, zVickie

hutchibk 02-23-2009 12:32 PM

Here Cabana Boys - I've made you loin cloths of faux bison skin and wraps of faux rabbit fur/skin... Awwwww, aren't you boys cute. Warmer? Have some hot toddys and take the night off. Right girls? We can fend for ourselves for a night. We'll got a Coc au Vin in the pot on the fire and some hot apple cider in the kettle... sit back and relax, boys.