HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Prayers needed for Sheila (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56145)

Nancy L 11-04-2012 09:16 PM

Re: Prayers needed for Sheila

Lani,

Can any oncologist administer this drug off label or does it have to under a clinical trial? My current experience with the T-DM1 trial shows me clinical trials are not set up to make it easy for the patient. Thank you for the discussion about assisted suicide--very emotional piece.

Lani 11-04-2012 11:07 PM

As I understand it, any drug approved by the FDA for one purpose can be prescribed by any licensed Dr, At least one whose federal prescribing licensure allows him to prescribe, that drug for any other purpose "off-label"

That does not force insurance companies to pay for the drug, however.

ElaineM 11-06-2012 01:58 PM

I am still keeping my fingers crossed for Sheila and hoping she will get the help she needs soon.

rhondalea 11-06-2012 02:56 PM

Jen, I cancelled my request to be added to the group. I'm guessing that the admin prefers to add only those she knows. Her personal page does not offer any way to contact her, and there's no way to send a personal message from the page she has set up for your mom.

I will continue to hope that your mom's platelets multiply like bunnies and that she is comfortable. I also hope that you will keep us posted about how she is doing.

Rhonda

Pray 11-06-2012 11:58 PM

Lani, Outstanding! I am in awe! What an amazing life you are living. I believe in every word you have written. Your wealth of knowledge here and on Life, such powerful stuff. I have seen these situations played out in life, and I have been blown away.
When a mother in her early sixties son can not watch her with her cancer and gives up on her and she is fighting so hard. She is unable to speak but has the ability to write and she surrenders because she knows her son is uncomfortable with her situation and is (as he says) unable to visit her any longer. She went so quickly. To take our God given right to fight and hope for as long as We see fit. Then have someone make it theirs. I just don't get it.

Gods blessings to you Lani. Thank you so much for your truely heart felt message.

You are so appreciated for all you do and all your are! Priceless.

Peace my friend,

Jen 11-07-2012 08:14 AM

Rhondalea I sent you a message and added you on my Facebook.

rhondalea 11-07-2012 09:01 AM

Added back and replied to your message. (I love your timeline.) Thank you so much.

Jen 11-07-2012 01:39 PM

You are very welcome Rhonda please feel free to share my posts and pics on my FB timeline. It's always great to be in the company of like minded individuals. ;)

Jen 11-27-2012 07:11 AM

Today Mom wants all of her children to help her plan her funeral mass. I am very sad to have to report I don't think it will be long until Sheila earns her wings and can fly forever NED....

caya 11-27-2012 07:26 AM

Jen, I am sending prayers and love from Canada.
Your dear mother Sheila has been a shining inspiration to me since I joined this site...

all the best
caya

Becky 11-27-2012 08:02 AM

Please tell Sheila I love her again

Jeanette 11-27-2012 08:31 AM

So many passing too soon. Shiela was an inspiration to many of us. Many God hold you in the palm of his hand, Blessings , jeanette

SoCalGal 11-27-2012 09:55 AM

"Today Mom wants all of her children to help her plan her funeral mass. I am very sad to have to report I don't think it will be long until Sheila earns her wings and can fly forever NED...."

Oh gosh, Jen. I cannot imagine the strength it must take to go through this with your mom.

As Elenor Roosevelt said, We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face...we must do that which we think we cannot.

That sums up everything about the cancer experience for ME, both sides.

Sending you strength and prayers. And love to Sheila.

Soccermom 11-27-2012 10:20 AM

Sending strength and love for Sheila and her loved ones . May her days be filled with love.
Please tell Sheila I too hold her in my heart.

Marcia

LoisLane 11-27-2012 11:28 AM

Jen love and peace to your Mom

Jen 11-27-2012 01:23 PM

I will bring all your love and prayers from the "HER2 Family" to my Mom when I see her today.

prolifejoan 11-27-2012 02:14 PM

Thank you so very much. God bless you.

Mary Anne in TX 11-27-2012 03:02 PM

Love and prayers to each of you.

Paula O 11-27-2012 03:06 PM

How we wish this wasn't happening to Sheila.

Thanks for passing on our love to your Mom, Jen.

(((Hugs)))),

Paula

prolifejoan 11-27-2012 03:12 PM

Sheila is in all of my prayers. I am still hoping for a turnaround.