PDA

View Full Version : So Very Upset

Ceesun
05-13-2015, 01:24 PM
Hi Everyone, Just back from a meeting with my oncologist and am so hurt and disappointed. After all of the effort on everyone's part my right lung tumor that was cyberknifed is back. I also have two enlarged lymph nodes in chest so next week I start Herceptin Perjeta and Navelbine. I just do not understand why the tumor grew back. I have been off chemo since Sept and am going on 12 years with this disease and 9 with stage four. My heart feels broken. Cathy

tricia keegan
05-13-2015, 01:34 PM
Cathy I'm so very sorry to read this news, you've been doing amazingly well and hopefully with a good response as you had before you will do again. My thoughts are with you, stay strong and know you'll get through this and lean on us all when you need to.

Pray
05-13-2015, 02:51 PM
Praying for you and a good response from this next round. Gods blessings unto you.

linzer
05-13-2015, 03:11 PM
So sorry to hear this. I hope that you are able to get a successful plan in place soon. Please keep us updated. Linda

Mel3
05-13-2015, 03:26 PM
I'm sorry to hear this, and pray the new treatment will take care of it.

Carol Ann
05-13-2015, 04:43 PM
Cathy, I am so sorry to hear this. I am praying that this new plan with the Perjeta, etc will get you back on track. You have come through so much.

Carol Ann

yanyan
05-13-2015, 04:55 PM
Definitely understand your feeling of being hurt and disappointed. Once you start treatment, you will feel more assured. Stay positive!

StephN
05-13-2015, 08:46 PM
Kathy,
I feel for you, as you have had one of those BAD days! But as soon as treatment begins you will begin a new chapter that will lead to NED once again.

With your history of grit and determination, this is just a little speed bump in your life.

Pamelamary
05-13-2015, 09:27 PM
Dear Cathy,
Like everybody else, I am saddened by your news, and can understand the hurt and disappointment. However, don't waste time and energy looking for reasons. Shit happens..... I don't think anybody knows yet why some of us respond to different treatments in different ways; it seems cancer cells have an amazing ability to adapt and change, challenging us constantly.
You have shown such strength and courage. We will all be thinking of you and hoping the new treatment works wonders quickly.
Best wishes... Pam

SoCalGal
05-13-2015, 11:26 PM
This is an exhausting war to fight. The enemy has the ability to morph and become resistant to chem warfare. Change it up. Keep fighting! 9 years - you inspire me and give me hope.
Sending tons of love...

michka
05-14-2015, 12:55 AM
Cathy, I understand why you are upset. I was sad to read your post and mad at this stupid cancer that keeps coming back. However, you have a very good plan. Perjeta can bring you back to Ned. I am sending hugs and strength.

rhondalea
05-14-2015, 05:00 AM
Well, that sucks. Not to put too fine a point on it or anything.

Cathy, I don't even know what to say in the face of this news. I have no doubt that the chemo combo will bring you back to NED in no time, but I hate--and I know you dread--getting back on the treadmill. My hope is that the chemo is gentle with you and devastating to the mets. You've done so well for so long, though, I don't see how it could be any other way.

Saygoon
05-14-2015, 05:01 AM
You are in my thoughts and prayers - this battle never seems over

lkc Gumby
05-14-2015, 01:14 PM
i am sorry that you go this news. it does suck. stay strong and let the new cocktail kick the sob beast.

DianaMK
05-14-2015, 02:48 PM
So sorry!!! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!!
Diana

MaineRottweilers
05-14-2015, 04:57 PM
I imagine you are feeling pretty picked on right now. Life is so darned unfair. It's time to get angry and fight again. You've done it before, you'll kick it again. You're in my prayers, Cathy.

KDR
05-14-2015, 05:05 PM
Cathy,
You are disappointed, no doubt, but LISTEN...you still have a very low burden of disease and will prevail once again. Maybe you could look into immunotherapy?
If not, the combo you are planning to take should be pretty tolerable. Don't worry, you are going to kick this out one more time, we're backing you.
Love
Karen

Laurel
05-14-2015, 05:33 PM
Cathy,

This does suck...truly. Your feelings of discouragement are justified, but I am confident with a bit of time you are going to get your fighting face on and go at that devil yet again. I am equally confident you will knock that bastard back on it's evil ass! I am so sorry you have to go back on the warpath. It is not fair, not at all. What's that old adage? When the going gets tough, the tough get going! You go. Godspeed. You know we are all in your camp! I will pray your new combo is easy on you and merciless on cancer!

caya
05-14-2015, 06:00 PM
Hang in there Cathy. That new combo will hopefully do the trick and kick your cancer to the curb!
Sending prayers your way from Canada.

all the best
caya

Catherine
05-14-2015, 06:29 PM
Hi Kathy,

Bummer to hear this news. I am not up-to-date on chemo, but I sure hope they get the right cocktail for you. For some reason, I have had a hard time logging on to the site from my lap top, so I have not checked in much lately. I did get on tonight....and I want to join the group that says....This Sucks. I have a local friend that did very well with Herceptin and Perjeta. Again, I hope your oncologist has the perfect cocktail for you. You are a doll, and it stinks that you have had to get this news. We are with you!

Love, Catherine

sassy
05-14-2015, 09:56 PM
Kathy,

My prays and thoughts of strength are with you. You are strong and determined and will beat the beast back yet again.

Hang tough!

Lien
05-15-2015, 05:04 AM
Well RATS! Not what you wanted to hear. Now you have to bounce back once again, and it is very likely that you will. But for today: this sucks! You have every right to be very upset.

Sending virtual arms to hold you while you absorb this setback.

Hugs

Jacqueline

Mtngrl
05-15-2015, 02:32 PM
Cathy,

Let me add my hugs and condolences to everyone else's. I'm so very sorry you're in this pickle. I hate cancer. I hate chemo. I wish I could kick cancer in the face for you (and all the rest of us) right now.

Phooey. Crud. Dang. (I usually swear like a sailor in person, but I'm holding back right now. Fill in your own favorite expletives.)

(((((HUG)))))

Becky
05-15-2015, 03:26 PM
Aw Ceese

Well, you will just have to work harder and we will be there for you always. I know you can do it.

Huge hug to you.

forher
05-16-2015, 07:51 AM
Dear Ceesun, I never feel like I have as much wisdom as others on the site, but I try to chime in to offer some support. I'm so sorry to hear that that darn cancer is back. Well, now that you caught the sneaky bugger, it's time to eradicate it so you can get back to your beautiful full life. Eat well, take care.

Lucy
05-16-2015, 08:31 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I believe the drugs we have available to us today can help you kick cancer's butt. Hang in there. Sending you cyber hugs.

janieR
05-16-2015, 12:31 PM
Very upset for you as everyone is - feel helpless as usual but sending you love and what can I say - its not fair. You sound such a lovely person. Every good wish \to you.

janie

Ceesun
05-17-2015, 07:57 PM
Friends, Thank you all for the words of encouragement and support last week. I will begin my new combo midweek and hope that will blast that lung met and lymph node! As I believe Flori and perhaps Andi have said "cuck fanser" and Amy aka Mtn Girl, I love the "colorful" language you used! Ha! Take care everybody and yes, nobody quite gets it like you do...I am thankful for our little Her2 community. Cathy

Carol Ann
05-17-2015, 08:37 PM
Cathy, I am hoping right along with you that the lung met and blasted *&^%&* expletive lymph node is TOAST. HISTORY.

You've got this.

Carol Ann

mscaruso
05-18-2015, 02:07 PM
I am so so very sorry. I am heartbroken for you. Just so unfair.

Nurse4u2day
05-18-2015, 07:35 PM
I have been away from this site for a bit and am sorry to hear that the lung mets is back. I pray this regimen your on Cathy destroys this Cancer yet again!

Tamara

BonnieR
05-20-2015, 10:01 AM
Don't forget " crap on a crap stick"
And keep the faith

Heathcliff4
05-20-2015, 03:23 PM
Sending along support and encouragement. Puck Cancer (as they say in the hockey community).

Mtngrl
05-21-2015, 03:23 PM
Bonnie--

Thanks for reminding us of Chrissy's favorite expletive!

Amy

BonnieR
05-21-2015, 04:54 PM
It's important to maintain tradition!
Keep the faith

Carol Ann
05-21-2015, 05:22 PM
Yes, it is! Where would we be without it .... :)

CA

suzan w
05-21-2015, 05:48 PM
Yes, the first thing to come to mind was "crap on a crapstick". You hang in there, we are called warriors for a reason!! XOX

Dakini52
05-22-2015, 12:34 PM
Hang in there Cathy. I know what a disappointment this can be, however, there are more and better treatments out there so keep the faith and keep us all posted on your progress. When I had the chest wall recurrence 3 years out from diagnosis I was devastated but so far with continuing treatment I have been in remission for over 5 years.

Jen
05-30-2015, 08:24 AM
Cathy you are in my thoughts & prayers. Sending healing thoughts your way....