PDA

View Full Version : How soon to know if Kadcyla/TDM-1 is working?

positivethinking33
05-12-2015, 12:54 PM
My friend's tumor markers went up after the first round of TDM-1. The markers were taken about 3 weeks after the initial round. Has this happened to anyone else?

michka
05-14-2015, 03:15 AM
I checked in my files: my markers went up after my first TDM1 infusion 3 years ago. And then they started to go down. You can have a flare. Keep hope and wait for the first scan.

positivethinking33
05-14-2015, 07:56 AM
Thank you! I really appreciate that.

Mtngrl
05-16-2015, 03:05 PM
Don't put too much stock in tumor markers. I don't have abnormal markers at all--never have. Scans are the only real way to tell. I get scanned about every 3 months.

annettchen
05-17-2015, 08:27 PM
I have a limited number of bone mets. My markers (CA15-3 and CEA) and all bloodwork except LDH and Calcium are normal. LDH and Calcium was slightly elevated in the first 3 months of treatment, normal since. But when I had the first check after going on Taxotere, Herceptin and Perjeta in early summer last year, my onc almost took me off and moved me on to T-DM1 because the radiologist claimed progression. Luckily (because of completely normal bloodwork and my feeling quite well - considering I was on a taxane) she double-checked in the tumor conference, and I sent copies of all scans and bloodwork to another more experienced onc as well. It was deemed a "flare-up". There was no progression. I finished the combo and have been on Herceptin / Pertuzumab / Xgeva only and stable since. All that they see now in the scans is bone scarring. Still nothing anywhere else. Keeping fingers crossed...