PDA

View Full Version : Treatment help required

Avinash Shetgar
02-26-2015, 11:45 AM
My mother is fighting with breast cancer from past 3 years and she is having her 2 positive. She got surgery done(left breast), following chemo therapy epirubicin and docetaxel, plus herceptin. She has received 21 doses of radiation. She got local recurrence after 1 year, then herceptin(after 13 cycles) stopped and from second year lapatinib and capacetabine started. She continued lapatinib and capacetabine for 1 year,( 2 years completed) until she got skin lesion on the chest(surgery area) and small lung nodule. Our Oncologist started abraxane and herceptin(from 3 beginning). She took 6 cycles of abraxane and herceptin. Herceptin is still continued ( 10 cycles completed). Today she got PET CT done, and in report is saying and all the skin lesion and nodule are resolved, but there is a significant skin thickening with subcutaneous fat stranding & nodularity with mild increased FDG uptake on right breast. Please let us know what need tto be done next. Only herceptin and lapatinib is available and affordable in India.

tricia keegan
02-26-2015, 12:37 PM
Hi Avinash, I'm sure someone will be along soon to advise more but I'd suggest a skin biopsy of the area on the breast, hoping its nothing too sinister and can be easily treated.

Rolepaul
02-27-2015, 07:48 AM
Skin thickening and stiffening is due to the scarring of the surface. There are several creams for scarring that are on the market. I have used an Aloe mixture for my scars in the past with good results. Add in Vitamin K cream as it helps with blood vessel damage.

Avinash Shetgar
02-27-2015, 07:58 AM
Thank you for the suggestion

tricia keegan
02-27-2015, 03:06 PM
I agree it can be due to scarring from the surgery and rads but as your Mother has this thickening on the "good" breast I'd still suggest having it checked out fully just in case.