PDA

View Full Version : Breast sensation returning

IrvineFriend
01-08-2015, 08:33 PM
I thought that the sensation of touch would be gone following mastectomy. Two years later I have regained a lot of sensation. Anyone else who had sensation return?

caya
01-08-2015, 08:58 PM
I've also had sensation return along my scar line.
I also noticed it a couple of years after my mastectomy.

all the best
caya

jaykay
01-09-2015, 05:04 AM
I wish :-(

suzan w
01-10-2015, 07:08 PM
Even now...almost 10 yrs out, my little nerves keep trying! I still have major numb areas, yet sensation does keep happening!

thinkpositive
01-11-2015, 09:16 AM
Its been a year since my surgery and I don't feel anything. I'm hoping that some sensation does return as it has for you. Heck, I've come in from doing yard work to find I've got scratches on my chest from branches and sticks. I didn't feel a thing!

JessicaV
01-11-2015, 11:55 PM
Hi, I wonder how many people who are getting sensation back after mastectomy had reconstruction of one sort or another, and how many like me have not had reconstruction? I had surgery a year ago and there is some sensation at a deeper level, (ie with more pressure, I feel more) and some in the skin is coming back little by little. I suspect that reconstruction surgery actually cuts further nerves and increases the damage and loss of sensation. But that is just a guess.