PDA

View Full Version : Radiation Treatment

Jane's Husband Stephen
07-16-2014, 05:19 PM
We keep forgetting to ask the oncologist how many radiation treatments Jane will receive after her surgery. Is there a standard for someone that is Er+ Her2+ with 3 nodes involved? Or does it just depend on what they see once chemo is over? And what kind of side effects can she expect from radiation? You ladies are great! Thanks for all the help!

Kkmom
07-16-2014, 08:21 PM
Hi Jane's Husband,
I had Er+/Prog+/Her2+ breast cancer last year with 4 nodes involved. I had chemo (6 rounds of TCH) with 36 days of radiation. Radiation was no big deal for me. Only side effect I had was in the beginning (maybe first 10 tens), I was tired from the radiation.

beachgirl501
07-17-2014, 06:40 PM
I just left my first appointment with the radiologist. I had six treatments of
TCH-P and will continue on Herceptin for the duration of one year. I had a double mastectomy with an axillary dissection four weeks ago and will start radiation in August. I will be getting 28 treatments. Trying to keep my head up.

Nurse4u2day
07-17-2014, 07:01 PM
I'm going to have 28 txs sometime in August.
I had no lymph node involvement but because of the type of breast cancer my protocol is standard for IBC.
And Nancy we are in this together for sure!
Stephen just remember one step at a time.

Jane's Husband Stephen
07-17-2014, 08:09 PM
Hey thanks for the replies! Is radiation for you girls everyday?

beachgirl501
07-17-2014, 08:13 PM
Mine will be Monday through Friday everyday. No radiation Saturday or Sunday.

Becky
07-18-2014, 07:06 AM
The amount of radiation treatments depends on where the tumor bed was. Also, if you only had lumpectomy, it depends on how large the breast is. Everyone is different. I had lumpectomy and have larger breasts so I had 36 rads. 30 to the whole breast and 6 boosts to the tumor bed. I had one positive node.