PDA

View Full Version : And I'm off....of Herceptin

nsebesta
07-13-2014, 09:05 PM
After much thought and prayer - I've decided to stop the Herceptin. It's been 10 yrs of Herceptin only. I pray that I'm one of the lucky ones that stays NED! (I pray this for all of us!) I've been told that there are a few of us that had our mets surgically removed that continue to do well. We will see....
I ask for your prayers that God will continue to see me thru this journey and that an answer for all of us to become NED will be found. I'll keep you all posted!

Pamelamary
07-14-2014, 12:27 AM
Good luck - it must be wonderful (and scary) to be treatment free after so long!
Best wishes.... Pam

annettchen
07-14-2014, 07:59 AM
Best of luck! I hope you will stay NED forever! I'm at the very beginning of the journey, and hope I will end up where you now are - one day...

Joan M
07-14-2014, 08:29 AM
Good luck to you! You've reached a goal that I could only hope to reach some day!

I too wonder when to stop Herceptin. An oncologist recently suggested that to me (not my oncologist, but someone else). But I don't feel confident yet. However, if I live long enough, 10 years sounds good.

I've been on only Herceptin since my cancer advanced to stage iv in January 2007. I've been NED since October 2008, also having used local procedures for two lung mets (and a craniotomy and IMRT for a brain met in October 2008).

I believe very strongly in the concept of oliogometastatic cancer and treating it with a combo of local procedures and therapeutics, and in being HER2+ I've been doubly blessed in having a targeted drug, which was only Herceptin at the time I advanced to stage iv.

Joan
xo

'lizbeth
07-14-2014, 10:11 AM
I'm wishing the best for you. I hope you dance with NED forever!

KDR
07-14-2014, 04:11 PM
Oh, that is super news! We surely all aspire to be this successful! Congratulations!

Karen

nsebesta
07-14-2014, 09:10 PM
Thanks everyone - it is scary Pam. I have not had anything show up on scans in 10 years (after my liver resection) . So as one doctor put it - 'we're treating something we can't even see'.

Lisalou
07-15-2014, 07:53 AM
Keeping going. You are an inspiration!

Mtngrl
07-19-2014, 05:26 PM
I bet it is scary! But it's worth a try, right?

I hope it works for you. Thank you for posting your hopeful story.