PDA

View Full Version : Can't tell you how happy I am!!!

crb
06-25-2014, 03:53 PM
Just got back from my first post-op visit after surgery on Friday. Saw PS who was very happy with the healing, took off most of the tape, and....took out the drains!!! I am so happy, relieved, shocked, etc! Also surprised that I pretty much had complete sensation present - definitely felt drains and tape being pulled.

Holding my breath that all will be OK with them out 5 days after surgery. Definitely going to be "good", rest, and not push it, but I feel like doing a happy-dance right now :)

Nurse4u2day
06-25-2014, 05:06 PM
Crb,
Yay for you. What a great visit. Dang girl only 5 days post op and drains out, enjoy enjoy enjoy. Friday I am going in for my first Herceptin alone infusion and really hoping that my drains get pulled out. 24cc less then 24 hours and gone they go. My highest one dropped by 10 cc in 24 hrs.... So we shall see.
Again yay for you and your speedy recovery.

crb
06-25-2014, 05:48 PM
I did my first Herceptin the week before surgery and it was a piece of cake - worked til about 3:00, ran over to oncology office for H and was home by 4:30. Haven't noticed any major side-effects except a runny nose.

Good luck to you on Friday! Hoping the drains come out - it's such a small thing, but feels so great to be rid of them. I'm hopeful for you since you had such a big drop in cc....keep us posted :)

Pray
06-25-2014, 11:10 PM
How awesome is that!

thinkpositive
06-26-2014, 07:22 AM
Great news! I had my drains in for almost 3 weeks. My PS waitied until I had less than 10cc in a 24 hour period. You must be super happy.

snolan
06-26-2014, 08:04 AM
Nice 5 days thats awesome. If they start to feel tight you can put the ace wrap back on a little pressure will help control the swelling. Good luck.

MaineRottweilers
06-26-2014, 07:15 PM
I think you just did tell us how happy you are! I can feel your happy all the way up here in Maine! Elated for you! Rest up and heal well.

Adriana Mangus
06-26-2014, 09:34 PM
Happy for you. Now, put on those dancing shoes and dance the night away.

Adriana

tricia keegan
06-27-2014, 04:19 PM
So happy for you!!!

crb
06-27-2014, 07:08 PM
Still doing the Happy Dance, but definitely cannot do it with out a majorly supportive bra on 24/7! LOL Have been on a 2 day hunt for a decent sports bra that is supportive, hooks in back, and is not racerback....not easy to find! Found one very expensive one at Dick's Sporting, but then found the perfect one at Target on sale for $7! More Happy Dancing :)