PDA

View Full Version : Advise on different kinds of compression sleeves?

Pray
06-22-2014, 04:59 AM
Being fitted this week. Is there any kind I shouldn't get? Certain ones that roll down your arm? Don't want to spend the money on something uncomfortable. I hear tell they are expensive. All advice is so appreciated🌻

Cath
06-22-2014, 07:10 AM
I wear the Juzo #3512 (I believe the # is 3512). I also have to wear a gauntlet. That is also a Juzo #1101 (I think). Will your insurance pay for any? Mine pays for 2 a year. But this time I was tired of getting physician orders and making an appointment to get fitted so I ordered them online from "The Pink Bra". I think on sale they were about $68.00 each for the sleeve. Make sure you get measured properly before ordering any on your own. I do have some trouble at the top of my arm where it wants to roll. But I've tried different brands and this is what works best for me.

Pray
06-22-2014, 07:19 AM
Cathy, Thank you for your quick response�� do you know if you can use your insurance online at that pink site. (I'm pretty fortunate with great coverage) I have seen the brand jobst w/ and w/out silicone dots at top of the Arm to keep it from rolling down. Yes, I need a gauntlet also. Trying to keep a positive attitude knowing it could always be worse��

Cath
06-22-2014, 07:37 AM
I don't think they will file insurance for you but not entirely sure. I know for my insurance if I sent in a physician order along with a paper claim I filled out myself I could get reimbursed. I do get the silicone dots at the top of the sleeve and it does help. I have tried the Jobst brand and it wasn't comfortable for me. Is your arm quite swollen? You are so right - it could always be worse but I truly do hate lymphedema. But then again - I truly do hate cancer too. Oh one more thing - are you getting a gauntlet or a glove? I have both and I really hate the glove. Thankfully my compression pump does take the swelling in my fingers down. It (pump) doesn't do much for my arm.

jaykay
06-22-2014, 02:10 PM
I was fitted for the Jobst brand, too (with silicon dots at the top). It's not the most comfortable but I don't think any of them are with all the compression. I only wear it to fly and I have had it on for some VERY long flights (15+ hours).

I also have the gauntlet but don't use that unless my hand looks like it's swelling. My insurance company paid for both. I got fitted at a lymphedema clinic and they took care of the billing

Best
Janis

ele
06-24-2014, 06:29 AM
I am also in a Juzo Soft Arm Sleeve during the day.I was measured and than directed to Comfort Care. There is free shipping over a certain price and internet prices are the lowest. My insurance does not cover the sleeve. The sleeve is comfortable, washes well and has helped.

RedHen
07-04-2014, 08:22 AM
My Juzo sleeve causes my forearm to swell on the outer side. It's the weirdest looking thing. The ring around the thumb on the gauntlet is so tight it cuts off circulation. I think both are doing more harm than good, so I've stopped wearing them. I don't know if they are defective or if I was measured incorrectly, but they are useless - and I had to pay out of pocket. I wear a Solidea double sleeve every day and bandage at night. I think the Solidea is helpful; at least it doesn't make matters worse as does the Juzo.

ele
07-05-2014, 04:37 AM
I started in a loose sleeve and than was switched to a tighter sleeve. The tighter sleeve caused my arm to swell so I switched back to the looser one and it's much better. Also, I found a woman who does lymphedema massage and that helped a lot. Also, I think I was manually massaging too heavily so I switched to a lighter massage on my arm and that also helped me.

RedHen
07-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Thanks, ele. I have a Solidea shrug that is looser than the Juzo and I have better luck with that. Maybe tighter is not better. I hate that there is so little scientific research into this topic!