PDA

View Full Version : Sugar & Cancer--The Connection

KDR
06-20-2014, 11:40 AM
http://www.drkellyturner.com/2014/03/sugar-cancer-the-connection/

May not be for all, but I definitely know this speaks to me. For the last few months, I have been indulging, indulging, indulging, and while I won't blame myself for progression, everytime I indulge, I do progress.

Have to undo this again with my kale and whole foods diet.

Karen

Nurse4u2day
06-20-2014, 02:24 PM
KDR ever since I got my Dx it seems to me that sugar is my thing. I have for the most part stepped away from the alcohol but ummm not the sugar to.Prayers always for you

StephN
06-20-2014, 02:49 PM
Hope the change in diet will help you, KDR. This topic of "to sugar, or not to sugar" surfaces here and I have always taken it seriously.

I feel that our immune systems may be strong, but most of us need to assist by going for some extraordinary measures.

Getting and staying detoxed to a good extent is good for anyone. My hubby has a lifelong chronic condition in which diet is critical. Not enough is known about how "modern" foods affect us.

Ceesun
06-21-2014, 01:08 PM
Hi Gals, Just wanted to chime in as I sit here feeling crummy from kadcyla a few days ago, but I try to remind myself its doing me some good. Last Feb. after I got some bloodwork done at my general doctor and saw there has been stress on my kidneys, I decided I needed to make some changes. Its funny how some things can even scare me as much as stage 4 bc. Anyway, I have decided to eat much more of a plant based diet. I do eat meat but small portions and the same with fish. Well, Thursday I went to my general doctor before chemo and I have lost 20 lbs! I am happy as at least I can do this for myself! Have bought some new clothes and people are noticing! The bloodwork was good.....so on I go! I do crave sugar much less now and I don't eat as much as before. My hubby pushes kale and cabbage at me, too! My general doctor is from Paraguay and he hugged me and said "Cath-er-ine, you've lost weight!" Now if kadcyla would be a little kinder to me, I would be thrilled! The beat goes on......Cathy

AlaskaAngel
06-23-2014, 01:01 PM
My take on it is closest to StephN's in practice.

But I think cancer is just metabolic gluttony, and it does better with anyone whose metabolic system happens to be fast. And sugar is the fast food for metabolism. If someone's metabolism is slow, or if it takes longer to metabolize other foods, the cancer will be slower.

Which is why I think menopause caused by EITHER chemo or OA helps more than "killing cancer cells" -- especially since chemotherapy doesn't kill stem cells.