PDA

View Full Version : lifestyle changes improve biomarkers for breast cancer recurrence and mortality

sarah
05-23-2014, 04:27 AM
http://phys.org/wire-news/162232493/yale-cancer-center-studies-find-lifestyle-changes-improve-biomar.html

A pair of Yale Cancer Center interventional studies involving breast cancer survivors found that lifestyle changes in the form of healthy eating and regular exercise can decrease biomarkers related to breast cancer recurrence and mortality. The abstracts are scheduled to be presented at the 2014 annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology in Chicago May 30-June 3rd. "The findings of both studies support a growing body of research that suggests lifestyle interventions lower biomarkers associated with breast cancer recurrence and mortality, and improve quality of life," said Melinda Irwin, PhD, co-program leader of the Cancer Prevention and Control Research Program at Yale Cancer Center, associate professor of Epidemiology at Yale School of Public Health, and principal investigator on both studies.

(open link for full article)

KDR
05-23-2014, 12:45 PM
I have my best successes when I eat all the proper foods and exercise.
Thanks for posting.
Karen