PDA

View Full Version : 3 years since diagnosis

JennyB
11-27-2013, 11:18 PM
Hello Everyone,

Just thought I would share this year - I haven't previously - that today is 3 years since the dreaded call to say my test came back positive. As for everyone it started my rollercoaster journey that saw my little baby born early on 2nd Jan, he ended up in NICU for 3 weeks and really ws the lowpoint of my journey.
Hopefully I will successfully attach pictures of him then and now - he is a "huge" personality.

I would like to say thank you to all here - both past and present for calmly walking with me though these past 3 years - thank you

Jenny xx

JennyB
11-27-2013, 11:19 PM
Second photo of little Eddie a bit healthier looking!

Pamelamary
11-27-2013, 11:31 PM
Congratulations Jenny! Isn't is wonderful what can come from the "low point"s?
May you all continue in good health.
Best wishes..... Pam

Bunty
11-28-2013, 12:02 AM
Congratulations Jenny! What a beautiful treasure you have with Eddie - love his name too!
Cheers Marie

Jackie07
11-28-2013, 02:07 AM
Congratulations! And thanks for sharing those precious pictures. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

[O I see that your Thanksgiving is in March : Apple and grape harvest festival is celebrated in the month of March in the granite belt. The festival is celebrated for 3-4 days. Various cultural and fun events are organised everyday to mark the occasion. Grape crushing competitions, apple competitions, street carnivals, grand parade are some of the attractions. Splendid display of fireworks is another feature of the festival. It ends with the crowning of 'apple n grape' ambassador.]

Becky
11-28-2013, 10:10 AM
Congratulations Jenny on your survivorship and that of your precious son who is your continual mile marker in this journey.

Lien
11-28-2013, 10:28 AM
Congratulations! I too have a "little survivorship marker". My sister gave birth to her youngest daughter the day before I got the path results that started the roller coaster.
She will be 10 in January!

Every time we celebrate her birthday, I think: D**n, I'm still here!

Hope you get to celebrate many, many more birthdays with your family.

Jacqueline
PS. he's really cute!

'lizbeth
11-28-2013, 10:32 AM
I was officially diagnosed at Thanksgiving 6 years ago. So happy to share such a milestone. 3 years is such a blessing. Eddie looks like he has a big personality! Your daughter is a beauty.

Happy Thanksgiving

caya
11-28-2013, 01:22 PM
Big congrats to you Jenny on your 3 year cancerversary! Eddie is adorable.

You have much to be thankful for today!!

all the best
caya

JillaryJill
11-28-2013, 01:46 PM
Congrats Jenny....what a beautiful family you have!

MaineRottweilers
11-29-2013, 11:29 AM
Congratulations! What seemed insurmountable has been conquered. Beautiful, healthy, happy family.

SusanN
11-29-2013, 01:42 PM
Thank you for sharing your JOY!!! What a beautiful family, Huge Congrats!! :)

KDR
11-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Oh, wow! What a beautiful story! So happy to hear this news!
Stay bright!

Karen

tricia keegan
11-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Many congrats Jenny and what beautiful pic's to share, thanks for the smiles:)

Coux92
11-29-2013, 04:25 PM
Yeah Jenny, many many more healthy years ahead! God bless you both

JennyB
11-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Thank you all - I do feel very blessed!

karen z
11-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Many many congratulations!

Beautiful pics. Thank you.

suzan w
12-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Congratulations on 3 years and a beautiful family as well.

linn65
12-02-2013, 07:33 AM
Congrats!! I see you are taking a Zoledex injection and Femara but previously you were on Tamox?? I am taking Tamoxifen now and that is it, but because I do have osteopenia I keep wondering if I should take Zol and Femara instead??? Any thoughts??

Mary Jo
12-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

JennyB
12-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Hi Linn,
It was a little complicated - my onc had me on Femara however 6 months out of chemo Igot my period back so Iwas put on the zoladex shots to chemically shut down my ovaries. Whilst on this I wasn't happy about being on Femara so insisted that I did a couple of months of tamoxifen instead and then go back to Femara once the zoladex was doing its thing. I then had my ovaries out so didn't need the shots anymore.
As for bone health I am not aware of any benefit either way - I have to be monitored on Femara and it can be very hard on bones too so I think its a case of pick of devil!
Good luck

Jen xx

Lien
12-18-2013, 08:26 AM
@Jen: I was on Zoladex and Arimidex for almost 5 years. My bone density did decline for the first two years, and then it seemed to plateau and stayed the same. By that time, most people will have started biphosphonates, but perhaps their effect is not as substantial as we think...

Let's hope it does the trick for you & that you never, ever have to deal with breast cancer again.

Just my 2 cts.

Jacqueline