PDA

View Full Version : Letters for newly diagnosed patients....need your help

europa
11-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Hi ladies,

So as many of you know I started a 501c(3) called My Chemo Bag. We just completed 200 bags last night filled with a variety of items we found useful during treatment. Newly diagnosed patients will be receiving a bag on their first day of treatment. To make the bags a little more special, we wanted to include hand written notes of encouragement from past patients. This board gave me access to such amazing women who took time out of their day to respond to my fears, I wanted to share that empathy, compassion and love with the people that about to start their journey.
Here's My Chemo Bag's mailing address:

My Chemo Bag Inc.
PO Box 342453
Bethesda, MD 20827

You can also find out more about this organization by visiting our website or checking us out on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/MyChemoBag
www.mychemobag.org

tricia keegan
11-08-2013, 12:47 PM
I think this is a wonderful idea and huge applause to you for doing this.

europa
11-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Thanks Tricia!!

I think it would be so touching for a patient to read a note from someone who has gone through what she is about to go through. Especially on her first day which is when the bags are given.

tricia keegan
11-08-2013, 05:20 PM
I agree, there was a lady on the Komen boards that used to do this too and perhaps still does and we all thought it a wonderful thing to do, I know I'd have been touched to receive one of these and will send on a letter to you soon.

europa
11-08-2013, 05:48 PM
YES! thank you Tricia!!!

MaineRottweilers
11-09-2013, 09:24 AM
What a beautiful idea.