PDA

View Full Version : Adelphi University Survivorship Celebration

KDR
10-18-2013, 08:29 AM
Was anyone there last night? I attended.

While it was gracious, and colorful at times with radical artist Matuschka on the panel, I was deeply saddened by the fact not one metastatic patient was on board to express our stories, our facts, our needs. In my view, the event fell short.

Yes, the stories of five speakers (including a husband and wife diagnosed with breast cancer after losing their daughter to it) were moving. I teared up at some recounts. But how in the world could we be overlooked at such a well-funded, well-supported event?

Karen

PS Wrong video posted here. Regrets. It was supposed to be Beauty Out Of Damage, Matuschka's work that made the cover of the New York Times, after she received 53 rejections, including Ms., yes Ms., magazine. If you viewed the first video, I hope it was clear it was for a music project, not HER2! Check all work, Miss Karen!
The correct information:
http://www.beautyoutofdamage.com/Aboutphoto.html

KsGal
10-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Wow...the story about the family with all three members affected is horrible. It's not only sad, but I find it odd that out of five stories not even one was about someone with stage IV disease. Are people like us not allowed to celebrate survivorship? :(

KDR
10-18-2013, 02:12 PM
KsGal,
It didn't stop there, there were additional family members that were dxd, I think a total of six or seven. They are now an elderly couple who clearly make patient impact statements.