PDA

View Full Version : RFA tomorrow 10/11/13

Redwolf8812
10-10-2013, 01:36 PM
A radiofrequency ablation of the three tumors in my liver will be done tomorrow @12:30. It'll probably take about an hour and then I stay in recovery for @ 6 hours before they send me home. I will keep you posted thereafter. Again I ask for prayers. I place my health, my family, my medical team, the procedure and its results in God's Hands. I consecrate them to Him and ask Him to bless them, for the praise and Glory of the Lord, in Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.
To learn more about RFA, click here: http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/radiology/patient/services/ir/info/radio.html

'lizbeth
10-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Penny,

I'm happy to pray for you - that the surgery will go very well and be a huge success.

Jackie07
10-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Penny,

Will be praying for a smooth and successful procedure ...

(Remember to take a deep breath whenever panic hits.)

NEDenise
10-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Penny,
Praying like crazy for all the best results possible!
Who is your Interventional Radiologist?
Do you go to HUP, Pennsy, or Perlman for that?

Man, if my schedule hadn't gotten all messed up, I would have been down there tomorrow.
I could have stopped in for a hug and a quick prayer!
As it stands I'm car-less tomorrow... something to do with the brakes.
But I'll be thinking of you dear friend!

Love and light headed your way!
Denise

KDR
10-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Thinking of you, wishing you success.

Karen

Pamelamary
10-10-2013, 10:51 PM
Penny, will be thinking of you and wishing you a successful procedure and speedy recovery!
Best wishes..... Pam

Pray
10-10-2013, 11:01 PM
Dear Penny, praying very hard for you and your family. Gods blessings to all. May the peace of The Lord be with you always. Your friend, Nancy

Redwolf8812
10-11-2013, 03:39 AM
Denise - I go to Dr Soulen at HUP :-)

Thank You God for today and for the gift of salvation through your son Jesus Christ. Thank you for all your advances in modern medicine. Thank you for all your miracles and cures. Thank you for all my family and friends, blessings and gifts. All Glory and Honor and Praise are yours. I love you.

Lord, I give today to you, everything in it and about it. I give you all of me, especially my health. I give you my husband and children, our needs and their health. I give you all things related to my illness - my appointments, medications, treatments, procedures, xrays, scans, MRI's, bloodwork, tests, and all results, especially today's Ablation and results. I consecrate all these things to you, put them in Your Hands, and ask you to bless them, for your Glory and Praise. They're yours.

Loving Father, I entrust myself, my family, and friends to your loving care this day, guide with wisdom and skill the minds and hands of the medical team who will be doing Your Work with the Ablation today, Grant that every cause of illness be removed, I may be restored to soundness of health and learn to live in more perfect harmony with You and with those around me.

Lord, grant me joyful accceptance of the Ablation which awaits me, and let this be the relief and cure which I seek. Make skilled the work of my medical team and the results blessed. I pray you, Lord, that this procedure be without complications and that my recovery will be speedy and complete.

Lord, You invite all who are burdened to come to You. Allow your healing hand to heal me. Touch my soul with Your compassion for others. Touch my heart with Your courage and infinite love for all. Touch my mind with Your wisdom, that my mouth may always proclaim Your praise. Teach me to reach out to You in my need, and help me to lead others to You by my example. Most loving Heart of Jesus, bring me health in body and spirit that I may serve You with all my strength. Touch gently this life which You have created, now and forever.

All these things I pray for the Glory, Honor, and Praise of Your Mighty Name, Lord and Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen. Into Your Hands I commend my body and soul. Amen.

Blessed Virgin Mary, I consecrate myself and my family to your Immaculate Heart. Please help me. Please pray the Lord hears my prayers for today. Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

St. Joseph, Guardian of the Word Incarnate, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires. Oh, St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession, and obtain for me from your divine Son the prayers I seek today through Jesus Christ, our Lord, so that I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers.

michka
10-11-2013, 06:18 AM
Penny, I am sorry you have to go through this. I was hoping TDM1 would work better but RFA is a good procedure. I am thinking of you, hoping your doctors are taking a good care of you during the RFA. I am sending hugs.
Michka

yanyan
10-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Dear Penny, I'm thinking of you and praying for a successful procedure and fast recovery!

NEDenise
10-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Penny,
I hope you are resting easy after your procedure today.
Prayers continue!
Post when you can... we all love you and want to know you are okay.
Hugs (gentle, careful ones)
Denise

Redwolf8812
10-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Took 2 and 1/2 hours. Ribs were in the way. Lots of pain. Will know if it worked or not in a week or two. Maybe re-start chemo next week. Will keep you posted.

- Penny

MaineRottweilers
10-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Praying that your surgery is a success and that you are feeling much more comfortable by now.