PDA

View Full Version : Rib pain...

Lovemyboys3
09-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Hi all,

Well I am feeling better for the most part but suddenly began feeling a horrible pain in my right rib when I take a deep breath. I woke up Friday early morning with what felt like a cramp and since then it is very painful to take a deep breath. It doesn't hurt to move or breath normally just to breath deep. Its a very sharp stabbing pain that is completely unbearable. I have been doing the breathing exercises with device they gave me from the hospital to get my lungs in good shape again. I really pushed myself the night before this happened after not doing it for a day or two and wondered if it could be a bruised rib. I am freaking myself out as everything makes me think Mets. Does anyone have any advice? With the holiday I have to wait until tomorrow to call my doc and honestly don't know who to call first my surgeons or my Onc. I can call my Onc as she gave me her cell but she is out of state this week and I wouldn't be able to see her. Praying its nothing to major.

Thank you all!
Lovemyboys3

Lauriesh
09-02-2013, 11:00 AM
If you have taken pain meds and the pain is still bad, I would go to the ER. I don't want to scare you but that is how my liver mets were diagnosed. I was having pain when I took a deep breath in and went to the ER because it was so bad.
It could be a ton of things, and it is unlikely that it is mets, but they will run scans and give you some peace of mind.

Laurie

suzan w
09-02-2013, 12:30 PM
It doesn't sound lime a bruised rib...could it be something like pneumonia/or fluid in lung? Don't know much about Mets but it seems to have come on quite suddenly.

Lovemyboys3
09-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Called my Onc cause she is awesome and gave me her personal cell #. She wanted me to go to the er just to make sure its not a blood clot or something. So I am sitting in the er right now waiting for scans. My onc assured me she wasn't worried about Mets because my scans where all clear but it doesn't stop me from freaking out for sure. I will post once I know what is going on. Please pray for me.

Lovemyboys3

Lovemyboys3
09-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Forgot to mention, its been 2 weeks since my mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. This is why my doc is worried about clots.

Suzan... yes it came on quite sudden like a horrible cramp. Praying all scans we clear.

Thank you,
Lovemyboys3

SusanN
09-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Praying for peace right now for you & wisdom for the doctors!!

LeahM
09-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Ugh...prayers.
Leah

BonnieR
09-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Awaiting news. Remember that just because we have cancer it doesn't mean non- related things can't happen too.
Although it doesn't seem fair! You have a great onc there too!
Keep the faith

Lovemyboys3
09-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Hi all, well finally home from the er and scans of lungs are clear and good. But they really couldn't say what the issue is. ER doc says it sounds like a muscle strain of some sort. I am going to try and see my surgeons tomorrow and see what they say.

Thank you all. I will post updates soon.

Lovemyboys3

carlatte7
09-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Good news!

NEDenise
09-07-2013, 07:56 AM
What relief! You must be over the moon happy!

Warning: Be careful when you come in for a landing from that trip over the moon! You have a strained rib after all! :)

Hope your pain (and worry) are totally cleared up soon!
Denise