PDA

View Full Version : LUPRON/zoladex shots SE's

roz123
07-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Hi ladies
I have been on Lupron/zoladex shots to shut down my ovaries since my period returned in December of last year (one year after chemo). I am having increasing bone and joint pain to the point that I am seriously considering stopping the shots. My MO really wants me to stick it out until the results of the SOFT study come out. (compares pre-meno women on tamox alone vs tamox plus ovarian suppression). I don't think I can make it that long
can those of you on these shots share your experiences, do the SE get better? how long were you on them?

Lien
07-30-2013, 05:32 AM
How long have you been on these shots? My side effects started to diminish after about two months. They gradually reduced to practically no pain. I was on Arimidex as well.

Jacqueline

roz123
07-30-2013, 12:04 PM
ive been on for 7 mons and my joint pain is getting worse. I read someone on the board diagnosed with rhuemetoid arthritis after BC - im also concerned about fibromyalgia since app in 10% of people on tamox can develop it. Of course my mind is going to the dark place aswell....I am seeing my onc thursday

Lien
08-02-2013, 08:50 AM
I'd go back to my doc if I were you. Quality of life is very important too. Are you still taking Tamoxifen? That would protect you too.

Jacqueline

roz123
08-02-2013, 02:31 PM
yup...I hear you on quality of life. My menopausal symptoms since I started these are horrible
I am enduring these until December when the SOFT study comes out. The study compares women on tamox alone vs women who are on tamox plus ovarian suppression. My MO really wants me to continue them until then

sassy
08-02-2013, 08:03 PM
I was on them for four years with an AI. SE's no fun, but I think most of the joint stiffness etc was from AI.

Had an oophorectomy after four years.

tricia keegan
08-03-2013, 03:47 PM
I chose an ooph and have been taking Arimidex for seven years and will continue up to ten, no regrets so this may be something you may consider.