PDA

View Full Version : ***Christine our founder sad news..****

Adriana Mangus
05-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Dear friends,

I'm sorry to inform you of the following.

I received a note from one of her daughters this afternoon, the doctor said that Christine is in her final hours.

I have tried to get a hold of Steph, I'm not sure how to place this at the top of the list for everyone to see it.

Let's pray for Christine's beautiful soul, God please protect and hold Christine's hand, and guide her to eternity in Heaven.

Love,

Adriana

StephN
05-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Dear Adriana -
Thank you for keeping in touch with Christine's family. We knew times were tough, and this is just so heartbreaking.

We owe Christine such a debt of gratitude, it is more than I can process right now.

Becky
05-22-2013, 07:15 PM
I am saddened by this news although I knew it was coming. The only thing that is comforting is that she will soon be with Joe - her soulmate. They made a wonderful team and will do so again. They will be in charge of the Her2supportangels group and will watch over us.

My heart goes out to Debra and Danielle.

caya
05-22-2013, 08:23 PM
Very sad to hear this news. May Christine peacefully find her way to eternity to be with her beloved Joe.

My thoughts and prayers also go out to her daughters.

all the best
caya

Mandamoo
05-22-2013, 09:33 PM
I am so very sad to hear this. This site has brought me such hope. May Christine and her family find peace at this difficult time.
Amanda xxx

Paty
05-22-2013, 10:04 PM
I am so sorry to know about this. Christine and Joe became an important part in all my BC path and thanks to them we are all here together. My prayers are with Debra and Danielle.

JennyB
05-23-2013, 01:08 AM
I am very sad to hear this news, I hope she finds peace soon and is reunited with Joe.
Like everyone else I owe them both my sanity for this fantastic forum - long may we honour them.
Jenny

Jackie07
05-23-2013, 01:31 AM
Joe and Christine have taught us so much - even about death and dying! They have set such wonderful examples in every aspect of the (breast) cancer journey. Sad to see her off. But glad they will be together again. They will be missed...

michka
05-23-2013, 02:15 AM
My heart is sinking. I owe so much to Christine and Joe. May her last moments be peaceful. My thoughts go to her daughters and family. Michka

Hopeful
05-23-2013, 06:26 AM
I am so deeply sorry to hear this. Christine gave all of us the tremendous gift of this community, a lasting legacy and tribute to her and Joe. My thoughts are with her and her family.

Hopeful

Catherine
05-23-2013, 07:59 AM
You have all expressed the sentiments I too have. Christine recognized a need and she and Joe came up with our wonderful Her2 support site. I navigated my treatment by relying on yours and their support. My heart goes out to her and her daughters in these final hours.

Hugs to all, Catherine

jml
05-23-2013, 08:09 AM
Oh so sad. May peace and comfort come quickly and Debra & Danielle's hearts rest in knowing that their beautiful, wonderful parents will be together.
Without Joe and Christine and their forethought to create this community - a place to come and make friends, share our lives and honestly, pragmatically discuss our diseases, educating each other but also offering support, encouragement, compassion, empathy and a swift kick if you needed it - I know I would not be surviving this disease for 11 years. Certainly not with the grace and confidence that you all have taught me.

God bless you Christine, for all that you do, are and represent. My heart warms at the thought of you reuniting with Joe. And I give all my comfort and peace to Debra and Danielle during this difficult time.

Keeping the Faith~

Jessica

bejuce
05-23-2013, 09:03 AM
Thank you Christine and your family for all that you have done for us. May you find strength in the love we all have for you at this difficult time.

janieR
05-23-2013, 11:57 AM
I also owe so much to Christine and Joe. I would never have managed so well without this lovely informative and friendly site. Thinking especially of Debra and Danielle at this time and hope Christine's last moments are very peaceful.

Janie

AlaskaAngel
05-23-2013, 01:32 PM
The journey that Joe and Christine and their family have taken has been a long one, and I wish them all peace.

Like so many here, I still find the results of the work done by their family in support of each other, as well as in support of the many bc patients and care-givers they encountered, to be a shining example of the very best of human nature. The world is a much better place because of them.

AlaskaAngel

Mary Jo
05-23-2013, 02:26 PM
My heartfelt condolences to Christine's family.

Ceesun
05-23-2013, 02:38 PM
So very sorry to read this, everyone has expressed themselves so beautifully here. Christine and Joe have been a lifeline to us...may they find everlasting peace and love together for eternity. Ceesun

ElaineM
05-23-2013, 05:40 PM
This is indeed sad news for us and for Christine's family. However Christine and Joe will be together forever.
Hugs to their family.

BonnieR
05-23-2013, 05:45 PM
She and Joe made a difference in this world. A great legacy
Keep keeping the faith everyone

Pray
05-23-2013, 06:10 PM
What a great blessing Christine and Joe have been to all of us. I personally do not know where I would be now with out with out having found them. I'm praying for Christine and her family, may perpetual light shine upon her. Peace my friend.

Bill
05-23-2013, 06:40 PM
Christine and Joe have provided a refuge for me, and all of us, for years. My prayers go out to Christine and her family at this time.

sassy
05-23-2013, 06:44 PM
My thoughts and prayers continue to be with Christine, Debra and Dani.

Joe and Christine have been an integral part of our lives and our ability to continue our lives. They have touched so many. I hope they and their family know how profound their contributions have been.

Mtngrl
05-24-2013, 12:38 AM
Everyone else has already expressed my sentiments beautifully. Joe and Christine have done a marvellous work of mercy and love by creating this site. I am so very grateful for their lives and their contribution to our sanity and solidarity.

StephN
05-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Continuing constant prayers in my heart for Christine as she slowly slips away. That is the latest, and her daughters are gathered with her.

suzan w
05-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Thank you Christine (and Joe) for the vision and expertise in creating and maintaining this amazing support group. Thank you for helping to take away the loneliness of cancer. Peace and comfort to you and your family.

mamacze
05-24-2013, 07:29 PM
Oh Christine - my heart aches for you - how hard to leave all that you love; your beautiful daughters; your family and friends.
Debra and Danielle - I had the privilege of meeting Christine and Joe twice - once at ASCO in Atlanta and another time for dinner when I was lucky enough to be in Carlsbad. Your mom - a heart of pure gold - your dad - so driven to make your mom's dream (this very web site of support!), a reality. We had lots of laughs, and heard about your mom's amazing journey. And the love your mom and dad had for you both - it was just palpable.
Godspeed to you Christine. May we all - those here on earth and those who are holding their arms out to you on the other side- embrace you with the love that you have piled on us this last decade. May you find joy, love, peace and a good ol' foot stompin' welcome from our Her2 girls on the other side.
Love and peace to you into eternity.
Love Kim (from CT)

CoolBreeze
05-25-2013, 02:03 PM
This is so sad, I'm sorry for her loved ones.

Danielle
05-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Mom has passed. I made a post with details for all of you here: http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58215