PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts today

sassy
04-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Had a wonderful day with my family and my father celebrating his 83rd birthday. We are very close and I am fortunate to have him in my life.

Just felt the need today to reach out to all of you and thank you for sharing your lives with me and with others on this site. Too often I get so "busy" with LIFE that I fail to fully appreciate the people in my life, and to let them know how important they are. Why else do we struggle so hard to survive, it not for the people in our lives.

So to each of you, especially my SA pals, Thank You! I hope today was a good day, and that tomorrow is even better.

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival."

C.S. Lewis

mamacze
04-21-2013, 07:28 PM
Sassy - I am so happy that this is the last post I am reading before logging off and going to bed. We do have so much to be grateful for and having each other here is at the top of my list. Leave it to you to post gratitude and encouragement. Made my day...XO
Love and Hugs,
Kim (from CT)

Paty
04-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Dear Rhonda,

What a nice post!! Thanks to life for crossing my path with yours, it has been great meeting you and sharing part of my life with yours. Happy Birthday to your Dad, my Dad will be reaching 80 in December, so they are from close generations. I hope to see you soon again and give you a long and strong hug. XOXOXOXOXOX

Paty

karen z
04-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Hi Rhonda,
Sounds like it was the best kind of day and I am so happy that you were with your family and your dad (and that you have your dad- so wonderful- and are close with your family- also wonderful). Your post brought a huge smile to me and, I agree, that reading it is a very nice way to close out the day. You know your SA pals think you are the greatest !!! Miss you gal.
Love,
karen z

Laurel
04-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Rhonda,

Loved that C.S. Lewis quote. Beautiful.

Jean
04-22-2013, 08:14 PM
Dear Sassy,
Well Said!!!
Just returned from a long weekend trip to Fla. to visit with my two sisters and took my niece along...a really girls weekend. We had such a blast, just us girls.
No husbands, kids, etc. just sisters....
Life is so good.

jean