PDA

View Full Version : First vaccine at Mayo yesterday

JillaryJill
03-29-2013, 05:34 AM
Received my first vaccine for the MC1136, Phase I trial Her-2/neu Peptide Vaccine yesterday. They are recruiting 22 and I am #8, so they are still accepting candidates. Small bumps around the injection site so far that is all.

Mayo is an amazing place and I am glad to be a small part of trying to wipe breast cancer off of the planet. Can you just imagine....if the answer is a vaccine?

Ellie F
03-29-2013, 10:42 AM
That would be so wonderful. Thank you for trying to help in the fight and so glad that you've only had small side effects. Please keep us posted about how it goes?
Hugs
Ellie

NEDenise
03-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Jill...
From our mouth...to God's ear!
Keep us posted!
Happy Easter!
Denise

Jackie07
03-30-2013, 01:30 AM
Way to go!

Thanks for doing the trial and sharing with us. Please keep us posted. Meanwhile,

Happy Easter!

'lizbeth
03-30-2013, 09:42 AM
Little bumps? I didn't have any reaction to the first injection of vaccine. My body just ignored it, whatever.

When the injections included the GM - CSF I had huge red circles. I'm such an overachiever, lol. My body just didn't care for the Leukine at all.

I knowingly got the vaccine a second time. I don't remember the reaction. I think I'm a slow learner. I don't believe I had much of a reaction in the skin. Hopefully the blood draw showed a big reaction inside. I'll never know, but hopefully I gave some researchers enough information to take cancer treatment to the next level.

So excited for your MC1136 trial participation! #8 Phase 1 - you are a pioneer. Yep, without you Mayo couldn't move the research from the lab to the patient. Small, heck no, you are a huge part of moving treatment forward.

You Rock, JillaryJill!

Kkmom
03-30-2013, 11:04 AM
This is fantastic. Please keep us posted on your progress. Go girl!!!