PDA

View Full Version : Chemo Failure #3...now I'm doing what???

chrisy
03-08-2013, 12:51 PM
You all know I'm notorious for not posting updates, particularly not-so-happy ones. I tend to sneak little hints in other posts...

But as my her2family, I know you want to hear what's going on, even if it's scary:(

As Denise would say, I'm definitely on a "one set of footprints" track and am seriously running out of options.
If you don't want to read the details, don't...but I am again asking for bold prayers for next week - I know that when I don't feel well its nearly impossible to keep my head and spirit in the right direction!

So, here goes: hard to believe that a year ago next week I started on a trial that shrunk my stupid liver tumors by like 70% over the course of 5 months! Then stopped working in August.

Since then I've been on a sampler tour of the diminishing list of chemos untried; first taxotere/perjeta (although I think the perjeta helped, the taxane failed), followed by navelbine and then gem/carbo. The stupid tumor not only refused to lie down, but grew through each of these!

It's challenging my HOPE (both Rugo and in the larger sense of the word). But we are not giving up.

Monday I will undergo the first of multiple TACE procedures (trans-arterial chemoembolization) to hopefully get some stability and buy time to set some other paths.

It is multiple procedures because I have so much disease and other complicating factors which make it riskier, so the plan is to "go gently, not just cowboy it". Direct quote from the IR, who I like very much. The procedure itself is not supposed to be painful, but the aftermath can be as "we're shooting a crapload of chemo directly into the tumor and it really pisses it off" (another direct quote). Well, a liver full of tumors + mild ascites and bloating is painful already!

She has had some patients not do well with the side effects, while another went to Bali during the 2 week break before treatments. Maybe I should buy tickets now:)

I told the people at Genentech to get their a$$es back to work and pronto. Don't rest on your TDM1 laurels, now it's all about Chris because she's so greedy for life.

Thanks always for your love and support. I haven't posted much lately because I just haven't had the energy...but know that I think of and pary for you daily.
Chris

NEDenise
03-08-2013, 01:06 PM
No! No! No!
Chris,
There may only be one set of footprints in the sand...but there are lots and lots of us following behind...praying and lifting you up!

From now, through Monday, and until I hear an update, I'll be banging on the gates of heaven on your behalf. You've been so brave, fought so hard for all of us...you deserve a break.

And, sister, I'm just the one to pester the Lord till he's sick of hearing it!! I'm on a mission. Our Chris needs a full-blown, spectracolor miracle! And dammit! I'm gonna ask for it...shamelessly...boldly. I'm even going to add in that you don't need any ugly side-effects to deal with. (Tickets to Bali, are of course, optional.)

Sending you prayers, love, and a warm healing hug across the miles.
Try to rest, in His arms, and ours...
Denise

phil
03-08-2013, 01:45 PM
i forget details of how long t dm-1 worked, etc., could it be tried w/ pert ? , has herc/tyk been tried ?

Jackie07
03-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Chris,

The procedure sounds promising. I'm sending you good vibes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TACE

StephN
03-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Prayers - YES.

Tix to Bali - YES. I am ready to return ... know a great guide.

Chemoembolization - very little talk of that on this board, so we will look forward to your description when you feel like posting it. Here's to a real "pisser" of a direct hit.

Hopefully this approach to the stubborn liver tumors will give the rest of your body a little break to recover. Been missing your cogent and insightful comments.

Redwolf8812
03-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Prayers going up! You're due for good news and this is it!

- Penny

Barbara H.
03-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Chris,
Your post just broke my heart. I remember when you went on TDM-1 and it was working so well for you. We were on it for a while at the same time.
TDM-1 was working so well for you that I actually thought that you might remain NED and never have to switch to something else. I'm hoping that your procedure will buy you some more time to find your magic bullet again.
My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you.
Kind regards,
Barbara H.

europa
03-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Praying HARD. I hope that visualization works as I am visualizing the cancer screaming as it breaks apart and dissolves as they do the procedure.

Midwest Alice
03-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Chris, praying the cancer gets pissed off and dies.

tricia keegan
03-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Chris, you are one hell of a strong lady and will find something to beat this I'm sure, but I'm saying a few prayers too which can't hurt!!!

sassy
03-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Loads of prayers for you my dear.
With a side of mole' to boot!
You will kick butt yet again, no doubt.

Bill
03-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Hey, Chris! You have my prayers, Young Lady. (The entire lot of you do). Thanks for keeping us in the loop. You hang in there.
Hugs, Bill

Paty
03-08-2013, 07:20 PM
All my love and prayers for you Chris! Hugs, hugs.

KDR
03-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Aww, Chrisy, I saw your post and had to walk away for a few hours. I just can't believe what some of us have to endure.

The letdown of a failed regimen feels like our skins are ripped off. No protection. No progress...no success. These are the times we, The Conquerors, get up and stab the XXXXer in the heart. I'm so mad I could scream.

You have been a beacon for so many, look at you...you are not a paper tiger. You, my friend, are the real thing, and you and Genentech and your team will figure this out.
From NY to CA, one big warm hug,
Love
Karen

Soccermom
03-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Chrissy, Am favoring the concept of the cancer "dying"! Yes, Genentech we need you to get to work !!

Sending love,strength and hope..

Marcia

'lizbeth
03-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Chrisy,

I hope the procedure gets you right back to health.

Wishing you a smooth recovery!

BonnieR
03-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Chrisy, wow, you even got Bill to come out of the woodwork! You have some serious horsepower on your side. I love the feisty quotes from the radiologist. And then you said"she"! What a formidable team you will make! Take no prisoners, you two.
You know I love you. We all do. Keep the faith

Emy
03-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Chris...
I send you love and prayers...This is such a difficult struggle....stay strong and positive...keep trying....eat asparagus (good for your liver)...ask about Mediforem, a diabetic drug that inhibits growth of liver tumors. What about radio ablation of the liver, where they burn out the tumors.....why did you choose chemoembolization over radio ablation .....I have been pushing for this, but am waiting to see results from perjeta, herceptin and taxol....6 weeks of treatments so far...taxol weekly, perjeta,herceptin every 3 weeks....I too had dcis in 2001, never told HER2poositive and after 5years of tamoxifen was told I was cured.....until 2010....my liver tumors have never gone away since 2011 which is why I want them out......I know how you feel, and you need to stay strong and positive and keep fighting....I am glad you are having the TACE procedure...
Love, Eileen

Catherine
03-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your honest report. This is not the story you wanted to tell or the one we wanted to hear. That being said, it sure sounds like you and your doctor are doing all the right things. I will be praying that the treatment next week works and that you tolerate it without having to cancel your trip to Bali (ha, ha). You are one of the leaders of the band and we are all listening to your beat.

Rock on, Catherine
PS Have you heard of Dr. Burzynski? I just read a review about an indy movie about his theory on cancer and his fight with the FDA. I do not know anything about it. I will put it on a new post.

Bunty
03-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Oh Chrisy, you are amazing that even in the midst of this set back you worry about us. I am sending you prayers and hope, and wish that with the TACE your tumours "die an agonal death"!
Marie x

chrisy
03-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Phil -TDM1 worked for me for 3 years, to NED. I've also been wondering if we might be able to rechallenge with tdm1 and go for a broader blockade.

Emy - I too was interested in the radioembolization; we chose the TACE because my onc has seen better results with that that. There was also less chance of an insurance hang up. I've also been looking at metformin and the pathways it targets, that might be a good pay as well.

Bill - you know I love you! Especially how you call me " young lady":)

Remember, BOLD prayers. And I'll be thinking of you, Denise, banging on the gates of heaven:)

JennyB
03-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Chrisy so glad you posted just wish it was happier news. I sincerely hope this chemoembolisation? nuts them hard and you not so bad. I'm off to Bali in a couple of months would love to save a pool chair and sangria for you!

Gerri
03-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Chris,

You have my love and prayers...and for good measure I am going to eat some chocolate just as you requested us to do many years ago. You are a rock star and we too are greedy with the need to keep you with us for a very long time to come. Stay strong.

Much love to you!

SoCalGal
03-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Sending my fiercest BOLD f'in prayers, along with tons of love, friend. Thanks for letting us know what's going on. We are rooting for you. I know you're fighting hard. Keep it up! And EGBOK - everything's gonna be okay...you are my shero.

PinkGirl
03-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Will they allow Barry Manilow to go in the room with you?

Joan M
03-09-2013, 08:29 AM
Chrisy,

I'm keeping my figures crossed that the IR procedure knocks it all out and that the SE's are easygoing.

Joan
xo

jaykay
03-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Chrisy,

Sending positive thoughts that the TACE procedure takes out the stinking cancer cells. You're far from finished, young lady!

Best,

Janis

Becky
03-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Dear Chrisy

I am sorry that you have to get a new plan in place. I am always thinking about you. Huge hugs.

Lani
03-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Have you had your mets biopsied and phenotyped ie, ER, PR her2 status evaluated to see what you are now fighting and if it is the same enemy with the same weaknesses?

PMID: 23469980

karen z
03-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Chrisy,
We already know how awesome you are and your docs sound just as awesome and determined. I, too, am hoping that this direct hit destroys what it needs to destroy but does not present too many side effects. Stay strong and stay your feisty self as you have all of us holding you up, thinking of you and sending major prayers upward. Get ready for what you have to do next and we will be there will you.

StephN
03-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Oh - forgot to ask if you know what drug they plan to stick the tumors with???

Staying tuned and praying hard!

Pam P
03-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Aw, Chrissy, what a difficult post to write.Even with this scary news your humor and strength and fighting spirit shine through. I had a liver ablation in December with good result, is that also an option for you? But you won't need it because the procedure you are having will blow those cancer cells to smitherines. You are in my thoughts & especially prayers for next week. Peace, pam

ElaineM
03-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Chrisy. Know that I am in your corner cheering you on !!
My fingers and toes are crossed and I will say a prayer that your procedure helps. Take very good care of yourself.
If getting away for some R & R will help go for it !!

Mary Anne in TX
03-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Chris, I couldn't help but be angry when I read your post. You are the master student warrior patient here. And this just makes me so mad for you. I've learned so much from you and gained strength when I needed it from your strength. I will join the others in outrageous prayers for miracles in your treatment and exceptional wisdom in those who provide your care. Prayers and love comin' at ya, Chris. May this treatment be exactly what is needed. Please feel all the love and strength headed your way.

caya
03-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Chrisy, I am sorry that you have to go through this - but please know that I am praying hard for you, sending big hugs from Canada - I know your Dr. Rugo is a rock star onc., and you are def. her rock star patient...

xoxo
all the best
caya

suzan w
03-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Chrisy...sending hugs and prayers to you, my birthday twin (I think!) 7-11. XXOO Suzan
P.S. cancer SUCKS

Mary Jo
03-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Dang it Chrisy....NOT what I wanted to read, but read I did. PRAYERS for you, my friend! Prayers for healing......Prayers for PEACE, especially, as you rest in the knowledge that while you only see one set of footprints, God most surely is carrying you.

Love to you.....

Mary Jo

Debbie L.
03-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Chris, Although I'm one of those who bug you about your hidden updates, I certainly can't say I'm glad to see this not-hidden one. Or rather, I'm glad to hear from you but of course not glad about the content.

BOLD prayers and many many good thoughts coming your way. Please keep us posted.

Love,
Debbie Laxague

Kim in CA
03-09-2013, 11:42 PM
Ahhhh Chrisy,

I'm so sorry that you are having to endure yet another procedure/treatment. Sending love and lots of those BOLD prayers your way dear girl. I'll be thinking of you on Monday, and praying that TACE is the ticket this time (and not too tough on you)

Hang in there,
Kim

Mtngrl
03-10-2013, 06:44 AM
Dear Chris,

I'm glad you told us. I'm so sorry to hear what the news is.

As you can see, you are loved and admired here. I love your fighting spirit. I will hold you in prayer.

ammebarb
03-10-2013, 07:04 AM
Chris, I am also thinking about you and praying boldly. Hope you feel all the love of this group surrounding you.

Barb A.

Laurel
03-10-2013, 05:55 PM
Aw shucks, Chrisy. Crap on a huge Texas-sized CRAPSTICK (channeling Brenda here :) ). I have been wondering. Well, it's off to the book store for me! I have been so busy with clients and my mom, I haven't been able to run down. Hope and faith are everything (and a fine medical team). I have no problem whatsoever with bold prayers. Raising a ruckus on your behalf.

jacqueline1102
03-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Hi Chrisy,

I just wanted to say I am thinking about you. From so many responses, I see you are so loved. Let's blow up those cells to smithereens.

Take care,

Jackie

KDR
03-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Chrisy,
I'm thinking you COULD rethink T-DM1 with Perjeta, although T-DM1 is approved as single line only. We know it's all about combos--can you check with Dr. Rugo tomorrow?
Love you
Karen

BonnieR
03-10-2013, 09:49 PM
So glad Laurel thought to bring back the crapstick! Definitely indicated.
Keep the faith

Pamelamary
03-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Not happy reading, but look at the response! We will all be thinking of you and sending powerful vibes your way.May the love and support shown here carry you through the TACE and to stability.
Warm wishes..... Pam

NEDenise
03-11-2013, 04:55 AM
Hey!

Still "KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCKIN' on heaven's door!"

Stay strong...but don't forget to lean..on Him, on Dr. Rugo, on your WONDERFUL husband...and on all of us!!

We love you, Chris!
Denise

chrisy
03-11-2013, 07:04 AM
Leaning indeed, Denise!

Here I am, slamming down a banana and a chocolate protein Odwalla shake at 6:45 am (which of course feels like 5:45 because of daylight savings time) because I can't eat anything after 7 am. My TACE procedure is scheduled for 1pm and knowing how challenging it came be to get fed at Casa Parnassas (UCSF's finest hospital/spa) I figured I'd better get something in my system. Of course I may not feel like eating later anyway!

I'll be bringing all your prayers and good wishes with me this morning...

BonnieR
03-11-2013, 09:27 AM
It's going to be crowded, what with all our spirits in there beside you. Keep the faith

yanyan
03-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Thinking of you Christy !

michka
03-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Chrisy, you are in my thoughts. I hope the procedure will not be too difficult.
Hugs. Michka

Andrea Barnett Budin
03-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Chrisy! You haven't failed. You, like Edison, have just found over 100 ways how not to invent the light bulb. Or in your case, defeat those dastardly tumors.

You will succeed! Absolutely. I know you'll never give up.

I am always thinking of you. Like for years and years. Like for nearly a decade!! Even when I'm not posting. Since the moment I first found you here -- you shine lady! You sparkle.

I was going to leave a message for you, cause I've heard of some alternative therapy that might help. BOWEN. I googled it and have been in contact w/a head guru out there in California. He is our kind of guy. Direct, informed, sharp, witty and has potentially healing hands.

He gave me a list of Florida practitioners for me and my cronies down here.

When he said California, I immediately thought of -- YOU! And gorgeous Flori. Two of my most favorite people on the planet!! You're pretty darn adorable yourself. Focus on sights from Yosemite, Chrisy. Dwell in Life's sweetness.

Now, coming to send you a PM, I am reading your post, and seeing allllllllllll the love and prayers and energy being sent your way. I am disappointed to say the least about your news. You're scheduled to be FINE. You're our conqueror and Super Shero! This was not supposed to happen. So I am supercharging my personal contribution to YOU, our cause, cause we love you so much. I am tossing copious amounts of love, prayers and energy directly to you, over there, as you are apparently having the docs send a message to those stubborn tumors that will obliterate them forever! AHA!

I am also sending you multiple hugs and my wishes for a speedy recovery. Maybe Bali can wait till after Bowen.
Just a thought.

I know I am here because of more than mainstream medicine. And I believe you are open to it all. (Like maybe my detoxifying liver supplements...) There's no one magic bullet. It's a recipe. Tailor-made for you, and your particular bc. It's a cocktail.

Meditation, visualization + imagery, mantras, blah, blah... It all serves to get us well and healthy and keep us there. I know you already live with -- love, compassion, kindness, caring, gratitude and humor (all necessary ingredients for success). So you have that going for you. Plus you're strong, brave and determined. In fact you're one of the strongest, bravest most determined human beings I've ever encountered. You awe me, Chrisy! Always have.

I love you ever so much. Admire you beyond words. You never fail to delight me. (Though, gotta say, this last post was most unwelcome.) However, very glad you wisely chose to share with all your Sisters. So we could boost you up, and keep you afloat.

http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gstres/celebrte/hug
Andi

Mandamoo
03-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Another pair of hands here helping to lit you up. I hope the procedure goes well and you don't feel too icky after. Lets get these Genentech guys onto curing this for you (and us!)
Saying a prayer for you.

CoolBreeze
03-11-2013, 04:58 PM
I'm sorry you had progression but you are doing super good! I was dx'd with mets not 2 years ago and had 7 chemos and a liver resection fail me. If I read your sig right, you've been going since 2004? That is awesome. Something is going right for you and I hope it continues to do so!

TDM1 is my hope right now as I can do no more chemo treatments, they are killing me. I tolerated them so well until now too.

Sounds like you are getting top of the line care with the new treatment and I hope it goes well and works for a long time. *hugs*

dawny
03-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Hope all goes well today Chrisy, we are all thinking of you. Stupid cancer. Xx

KaiM
03-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Thinking of you this evening and sending you tons of healing hugs! You have been an inspiration to me since finding this wonderful group. Stay strong my NorCal sister!

sassy
03-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Prayer Boosts!!!!!
Kinda like Radiation Boosts!

SoCalGal
03-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Just wanted to say that I'm thinking aboutcha' - prayin' fo'ya and also, wanted to mention how much I absolutely freakin' hate cancer.
Sending love and a hug...
Kick it up girl - I know you can.

jellybean
03-12-2013, 07:25 PM
I hope the procedure went well! Sending lots of good thoughts for a quick and easy recovery, and, of course, for the obliteration of the mets!

IrvineFriend
03-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Kicking in lots of prayers for you. You have been my inspiration since joining this site. You = strength!

-Julie

Joanne S
03-12-2013, 10:13 PM
Chrisy, My heart is crying for you! Enough is enough already! Bold prayers for you over and over and over again. I wish you the best with this new treatment. Huge Hugs, Joanne

jaykay
03-13-2013, 03:49 AM
Thinking of you and hoping everything went as planned

F__ing cancer

Janis

Paula O
03-13-2013, 04:41 AM
I wish you weren't going through all this, Chrisy and just lifted you and your dear husband in prayer. How are you feeling today? I hope the new treatment is marvelously successful.
(((Hugs))),
Paula
A song for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuOwXiEm_K4
(...and "You just found you a brand new box of matches...")

NEDenise
03-13-2013, 05:41 AM
Can you feel the love?
Are you remembering to rest easy, and lean hard?

Hoping to hear a tiny little update soon...selfish I know...forgive me...but waiting is so hard.

Still banging on the gates!
Denise

JennyB
03-13-2013, 07:00 AM
Still here right behind you Chrisy i hope you are kicking big butt!

Pam P
03-13-2013, 08:35 AM
Hope all went well yesterday and you are feeling okay. Waiting to hear how you are. Hope it kicked cancer;s butt.

mamacze
03-13-2013, 08:54 AM
And you should be greedy for life!
Thank you for; when you are down and low and feeling no energy; taking the time to let us know how you are doing and what you are up against.
Denise couldn't have said it better:
"There may only be one set of footprints in the sand...but there are lots and lots of us following behind...praying and lifting you up!"
I am running to join the line - with joy in my heart and a prayerful voice shouting to the rafters.
Find peace, rest in the arms of our prayers, keep your thoughts on Bali.
With love and hugs and love and hugs,
Kim (from CT)

Kim in CA
03-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Just wanted to say I'm thinking about you Chrisy, and hoping your TACE procedure is not too hard on you, but murder on the cancer. You are so overdue for a break.

Sending my love and prayers for a positive outcome,

Kim

Redwolf8812
03-14-2013, 01:36 PM
How are you, Chrisy? Still praying...

- Penny

chrisy
03-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Hi

Just checking in to let you know I'm still here! The TACE procedure got done on Monday. True to the hype, the procedure itself was not painful but the aftermath is. I had the procedure done on Monday afternoon and stayed overnight in the "short stay" unit which is basically a glorified recovery room with 10 or so beds separated by curtain. They give you earplugs and an eyeshade but still not a great environment to rest. Tuesday was a lost day - I slept all the way home them crawled into a recliner and stayed there till Wednesday!

The pain level has not actually been THAT bad, but I also have fever/headache. Today I went out to do a few errands and realized how TIRED I am! I should have known since I have now slept thru 2 consecutive nights of Harry potter movies. Maybe after all these years it has become a natural sedative! Tonight I think I will sleep through movie #4:)

I guess I need to be gentle; the "post embo syndrome" is supposed to last a week
and I think I'm only on day2 or 3 depending how you count, and I do have a number of complicating factors.

jacqueline1102
03-14-2013, 03:38 PM
Hi Chrisy,

I am so glad you posted. Hope your recovery does well. Have a relaxing weekend and hopefully that tiredness goes away so you can enjoy those Harry Potter movies again. :)

Take care,

Jackie

KDR
03-14-2013, 06:16 PM
Chrisy,
So glad the procedure is behind you! It's all up from here, right? Soon the pain will subside and we will be getting some good reports...believe!

Love
Karen

chrisy
03-14-2013, 06:30 PM
The other part is, assuming I am doing well next week, ROUND 2 will be on the following Wednesday! Then hopefully a scan to see what's happening...then maybe round 3! The IR, Dr Kickass, called to check on me today, said everything going on now is "expected" and would get better .

Basically it's all a huge inflammatory reaction from the pissed off liver:)

NEDenise
03-14-2013, 07:25 PM
Yay! You!
Thank you so much for posting an update!

What you need, my friend, is the liver equivalent of 'Skele-grow'!!

Rest...get ready for next week and more tumor torture!
So glad to hear the smile in your voice.
Denise

BonnieR
03-14-2013, 10:09 PM
A pissed off liver is a good thing!
Keep the faith

SoCalGal
03-14-2013, 11:04 PM
So glad that you updated us. Pissed off liver -it's gotta be worse than pissed off thighs. I'm sorry you have to go thru this but I bet it will work. Stay strong, cry a little, too. We are all with you. Sending tons of love.
Flori

Paula O
03-15-2013, 04:03 AM
Rooting for ya, Chris.
Lots of rest, eating well, and taking excellent care of yourself is a very good thing. Great that you are getting the sleep you need to heal. I'm glad the procedure went smoothly and pray it's doing it's job.

How's your husband holding up walking with you through this?
Paula

Redwolf8812
03-15-2013, 05:50 AM
Glad you posted. Take it easy. I had the same "inflammatory" pain in my liver after my ablation.

God Bless.

- Penny

JennyB
03-15-2013, 05:57 AM
Thanks for posting Chrissy

Rest up ready for round 2 I'll be sending prayers xx

Andrea Barnett Budin
03-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Oh Chrisy! I'm so so so glad you posted. I'm with Denise. Waiting is hard. I hear your smile. And I love when I fall asleep about 1 minute into a movie, only to discover that fact the next day.

Sleep sweet lady, you deserve that. As does your bod, which is busy healing. Sleep nurtures that. Errands??!! Are you daft?! Lie down. Smile. Even in your liver...

Better days are coming. And whatever comes up -- you'll deal with it. Till you're DONE with it. You can do this.

We're all here on the sidelines cheering you on, transmitting mountains of love just for you, from every corner of the planet!

chrisy
03-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Ha ha.. I actually slept thru 3 Harry potter movies! I was out so fast on Tuesday I missed everything and forgot I had even missed it! I saw all movie 4 but maybe the skelegro kicked in and was a very nasty business. My flash fever hit, I took a Tylenol instead of advil and when I went to bed the pain went from minor positional inconvenience to EEYOWWW! It's back to normal now (just the usual pain) but that one was way more intense. Is this day 4or 5?

my biggest chore today was making a high protein smoothie, and looking for BIG girl pants I can get my bloated body into. Yes flori, even my thighs are pisssed off! But yes, I'm taking it very easy.

Johns holding up ok; he has the distractions of working and working out, neither of which I can really do at the moment:( He does fear hurting me, so it's almost air hugs.. I had to grab his arm and put it round me this afternoon.

Thanks for checking on me and holding me in you thoughts and prayers. Love you all

Andrea Barnett Budin
03-15-2013, 06:05 PM
Atta girl , Chrisy. Don't be shy. Grab every hug you can get. And make it tight. Can I send one, or 6 to you via cyberspace. I want you to really really feel these! They are long and tight.

I always remember my fav onc telling me, You should never be in pain. If you need to, take the Roxicet. He pointed out, in my case, that at the very least it'll stop the bathroom drama. Plus you get in some much needed sleep (for healing)...

Please don't ever let yourself be in pain. Onc says, That's why we have these pills. So you should never have to suffer.

I'll drink to that! (I before dx I never took an aspirin. Even for period cramps. 1,000 yrs ago...
Andi

dearjilly
03-15-2013, 06:19 PM
Keep up the humour Chrisy. I love it, even when you're going through everything that you've been through, you still are making us laugh.
"An agonal death to the tumours!" (I wish I had a magic wand like Harry)

KsGal
03-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Chrisy...Just sending you lots of prayers and positive energy...

Debbie L.
03-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Chris, thanks so much for the update (we've been watching for it). So many good thoughts (and virtual air-hugs) coming your way, with love,
Debbie Laxague

Jean
03-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Dear Chrisy,
Saying many bold prayers...each day for you. You have always been amazing and I expect to hear some amazing good news from you...you are a wonder women.
I am sorry to hear the pain you are in.

Hugs,
Jean

Andrea Barnett Budin
03-16-2013, 07:49 AM
You don't need a magic wand. You have LOVE. It's encapsulating you. You've got a truckload of Love to carry with you throughout your day, in and out of surgeries, tx, wherever you happen to be. Love is light as air. No burden. It keeps you buoyed, my sweet Chrisy.

You are a magnificent being of light and love, humor and wit. We all treasure you!

Andi

NEDenise
03-18-2013, 04:33 AM
Chris,
New round of BOLD prayers ascending today!
Surrounding you with a warm healing glow...except for those hideous tumors...they're on their own!

Feel the love, girl! And...don't forget to post a quick note between naps :)
Denise

NEDenise
03-22-2013, 05:11 AM
Oh Chhhrrriii-iiis...
How are you?

Prayers still flying...
Remember, rest easy...but lean hard

Denise

Andrea Barnett Budin
03-22-2013, 12:29 PM
ditto

c h r i s s y .....

prayers and love, andi

dchips1
03-22-2013, 04:56 PM
you go girl, it is so much harder to get back up, after procedures, It is like our normal, "scale " was reset to zero. then you have to start all over again to get to what had become the Normal you.

Prayers for blasters and healing, cleaning of liver and renewing your self,

darita

fullofbeans
03-23-2013, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the update, i guess you and i are in the same boat (I am progressing in the one I am in) I wish we could just hug each other, I know I could do with one.

I wish you the best of luck at finding the next treatments/trial that will give you a break for a long while.

Mary Anne in TX
03-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Harry has put me to sleep many a night! I send my prayers and love to add to the many and much already on the way. May relief come very soon from the procedure.

Laurel
03-23-2013, 07:31 PM
Hey Chrissy-girl, just wanna pop on to say I love you! Love Harry Potter too! I am so sorry you are suffering and praying things ease a bit soon.

jaykay
03-24-2013, 11:45 AM
Just thinking about you, Chrisy - like everyone else. Sending positive thoughts

Janis

BonnieR
03-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Checking in. Keep the faith

ammebarb
03-24-2013, 05:56 PM
Hi Chrissy. Sending my love and hopes for some relief. My bold prayers are yours every day.

Barb A.

dawny
03-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Hi Chrisy, hope you are feeling ok
Dawn xx

Midwest Alice
03-25-2013, 06:05 AM
Hey Chrisy , Sending thoughts and prayers. The Sound of music is a great movie to sleep through!! Thinking of my strong friend this morning.

IrvineFriend
03-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Hi Chrissy,

Sending you prayers for some relief and a new trial. You have been such an inspiration since I joined this site. Thank you so much!

-Julie

SoCalGal
03-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Thinking of you today, Chris...lean in, babe! We are cheering you on and thru this. Sending tons of love and a jumbo HER2 hug.
Flori

Andrea Barnett Budin
03-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Chrissy, Hi Sweetie! Remember delay is not denial. The pain of dying cancer cells is hellish, but the joy kind of makes it all worthwhile.

May your essence be calm and poised. Your will is great. You will not be defeated in this struggle. The tangible evidence of your efforts lies before you.

I love you. You are in my thoughts and in my heart.

ANDI

greenacres
03-26-2013, 11:03 AM
Sending prayers your way. Stay strong.

Terri B
03-28-2013, 07:25 AM
Chrisy,

You are the true meaning of a warrior, woman! Thank you so much for posting your procedure here. I have passed this info over to my sis, whose husband is having his first chemo-embo as I type this.

My prayers are with you, girl!

Mary Anne in TX
03-28-2013, 07:30 AM
Prayers and hugs, Chris.

Redwolf8812
03-28-2013, 09:04 AM
Hope to hear from you soon!

- Penny

NEDenise
03-28-2013, 09:18 AM
Chris,
Sending super BOLD and powerful prayers during this Resurrection Weekend!

And, of course...LOTS of love!
Denise

Barbara H.
03-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Chris,
My thoughts continue to be with you. You are a a role model to me, and I am impressed with your determination.
Sending you positive thoughts!!
Barbara H.

Laurel
03-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Hang in there, Chrissy-girl! Praying the suffering abates and you begin to gain ground from this treatment! Have a blessed Easter.

Andrea Barnett Budin
03-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Hey Chris -- YOU we all miss!

Just wanted to say, after my 9 mnths of Taxotere (combined w/Vitamin H) I couldn't take any more. Positive me just started crying in the seriously backed-up chemo room, w/a 2 hr wait, and around 5 hrs of drip to go. My onc saw me and was suddenly aware -- NO MORE TAXOTERE FOR YOU. IN FACT, YOU CAN SKIP IT TODAY. No, I said, I'll give it one more try. My multiple tumors had shrunk but still existed. THERE'S NO REASON TO THINK THAT HERCEPTIN ALONE CAN'T KEEP YOU STABLE, he offered.

I went home, got into bed, and stayed there like a still life for 6 weeks. Oh, I did get up to go to the bathroom, and to go for my ev 3 wk Vit H. I was wiped.

Apparently the death of cancer cells is full of inflammation and swelling (inside), interferes with oxygen flow in the bloodstream, blah, blah, blah. I could not move. BUT -- I "KNEW" THAT I WAS IN A PROCESS OF HEALING.

I believe, Missy Chrissy that is where you are. You are healing. Quietly. As you have no choice. But you will rise again!

I had the TV on all day as I lay in my awake coma. Then, one day, I saw my pointer finger was raised and moving with the music I was hearing. I was alive! The music greeted me as I became reborn. A compelling tune I couldn't resist moving to, and for.

Give yourself time, Chrissy. Do not despair. You are in the process of healing. Your cancer cells are dying, and causing much havoc, but it is worth it all. And we here -- we're all with you. Singing to you, on the sidelines, sending you heaps of love and hugs streaming your way.

Gosh, I hope someone is reading allllll your Sister's posts to you. May it serve to help you. Be still. Drink when you can, as often as you possibly can. Eat a handful of nuts or whatever to keep alive and feed your body. Sleep. It is very therapeutic. The body restores itself and repairs during sleep.

With ever-loving hugs,

StephN
03-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Andi -
I could NOT have said it more clearly. Taxotere was a killer for me - I had the 3 week arm on the trial.

Having the luxury to rest quietly for long periods was my saving grace.

Chrisy, you have had one HELL of a tough year, including that infection in your leg. Time to see some ressurection of your health.

Gentle cyber hugs to you.

karen z
03-30-2013, 03:50 PM
Chrisy,
Thinking of you non-stop and sending you the best wishes in the world.
Love,
Karen z

Bunty
03-30-2013, 06:07 PM
Chrisy, thinking of you, and I really like what Andi BB has written. This is a time to be lying low and regenerating your spirit and health.
Best wishes
Marie

Mtngrl
03-30-2013, 08:52 PM
Dear Chris,

I'm here in Boston praying for you and sending you love and light. May your cancer cells be obliterated. May they be replaced with perfect, pink, new, orderly, well-behaved cells. May you find rest, healing, peace, and wholeness. May the love that surrounds you give you the strength you need to heal.