PDA

View Full Version : fund raising ideas

valleygirl
02-06-2013, 10:04 AM
I would love to do the 3 day breast cancer walk in Philly, but I need to raise $2300.00. Any ideas?
I plan on asking friends and family but I don't think I'll come near what I need and would like my daughter to do it with me, so really need to come up with $4600.00.
I'm at a loss for good ideas for fundraising

dchips1
02-06-2013, 07:05 PM
I have been part of the med crew the last few years here in Phoenix, I know of women who talked to local restaurants, and they donate certain "nights" to the fundraising. I have heard Sams's club will also help by selling waters, etc. making your own team (you and your daughter) and creating a cool t-shirt, then sell your team shirts for profit, Talk to local high school clubs about helping to fund raise, to sponsor your team. T shirts space can also be sold to business for advertising. Selling home made crafts, hairbows etc.
Hit up employers, friends employers for matching funds. Door to door soliciting with a cool flyer, stickers or ribbon. Talk to business about a charitable tax deductible donation. Facebook, or other social media, ask everyone to donate $1 or more. Local radio stations for give away donations to be sold.
Use your email from the fundraising address to let people donate online, post it here, I will donate, maybe others will too, you are our legs, to do the walk for us.
Look on your participant web site, they have flyers and other ideas online. Lots of printables and custom things to make your own. Have fun be creative.
Good luck with your training, take care of your feet,
it is an amazing experience, my daughters have "crewed" with me before and it is a excellent bonding opportunity.
Prayers for fundraising, health and FUN
Darita

BonnieR
02-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Sometimes the sponsoring organization has a website where you register a fund raising page. Then you post it and ask friends to contribute and watch the donation amount rise. I have contributed to friends who have done walks and had my own page here locally. Check it out
Good luck .. Keep the faith