PDA

View Full Version : Radiation Question

kvogler
01-24-2013, 09:40 AM
I'm getting 6 weeks of radiation to prevent cancer from coming back on my left side. Every treatment is preceded by X-rays to pinpoint the correct spot. That's standard procedure right? Another question, after this is said and done I'll have the maximum amount of radiation I can be exposed to. So does this mean if later on, I shouldn't get chest x-rays anymore should they suspect pneumonia or something? Just wondering if any of you know anything about this. Thanks.

roz123
01-24-2013, 10:04 AM
I had 25 doses of radiation and did have a chest xray when I was having some breathing issues. I don't think its an issue, I think they mean that you cannot have rads again if you have a local reccurance (that's why they do a mastectomy on patients with previous lump/rads who have a reccurance )

tricia keegan
01-24-2013, 04:50 PM
I had the same thing and usually you can't get rads to the same area but recently I've read of two ladies who were offered this so maybe its changed?

Jackie07
01-24-2013, 09:59 PM
I had the radiation treatment in 2004 after the lumpectomy in 2003. Pretty sure I've had a chest x-ray sometime after that (maybe in 2007?)