PDA

View Full Version : For those who've had liver ablation - pain?

Redwolf8812
01-05-2013, 03:02 PM
It was done on the 31st. For the first two days I had no pain, probably because of the pre-steroids they had me on. Then bam! It's been 4 days of intense pain. It quiets down with oxycodone but that makes me nauseous so I'm at my wits end. The doctor told my husband that I'd definitely be in pain but didn't say how long. The first burn he gave the tumor took a while and then he had to do 2 more to get the whole thing. Was just wondering if anyone else had an experience like this. Most people seem to have no discomfort. :-)

- Penny

tricia keegan
01-05-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm sorry I can't help you Penny but maybe you could call the Dr to switch your pain meds or give you some anti nausea one's??
I'm so sorry and hope it ease's very soon.

NEDenise
01-06-2013, 07:11 AM
Penny,
I'm so sorry to hear you're in such pain. I agree with Tricia...call your doctor. You deserve to be pain and nausea free! Please don't wait. You need all your strength to heal and kick those cancer cells to the curb...don't waste energy dealing with pain if you don't have to!
Thinking of you, sending love and prayers...heading off to church in a few minutes...and taking you with me in my heart,
Denise

michka
01-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Oh Penny I feel terrible for you. I always hope I will be the only one and that others will do better. Yes I had pain. The 2 first days I had a pump in my spine (how do you call that in English?) then they took it out. I had pain for about 5 days and my stomach was so bloated I looked pregnant. I had pain from the bloating and pain going up my back to the shoulder blade and the worst Gerd you can imagine. I had RFA and resection during the same operation and they also took the gallbladder out. Did they take yours out? My sense of smell went crazy for 2 days. I could smell absolutely everything. I know what it is to be a dog now! I did not like that at all. For the bloating they told me the only thing to do was to walk. So as difficult as it was I would walk every hour. But everything got better day after day so ask your doctors to help you. Don't stay with pain. It is difficult to find the perfect morphine dosage because of nausea but you can feel it and ask them for anti nausea medication to help. Stay strong. Every hour is a victory and you are going to be better and better. You did the hardest part Penny! I hate to know you are in pain. Hugs. Michka

Pam P
01-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Penny I'm so sorry to hear about all your pain. I had an ablation in mid December. I;m relieved that I really had no pain. They sent me home with vicadin but I didn't need it. I hope you'll be pain free soon.

Redwolf8812
01-06-2013, 01:30 PM
The gallbladder wasn't removed, but the doctor said he got "up close and personal". LOL. Really, I'm fine. As long as I stay ahead of the pain. I've heard from a couple of people who experienced pain like mine. It takes a week or so to go away. Thanks, everyone!