PDA

View Full Version : Back to Herceptin and worried

pibikay
12-26-2012, 01:03 AM
Hema has been finding it difficult to walk for the last 2 weeks .On Monday there was discharge from the breast and I sought an urgent appointment instead of the scheduled one on 3rd January .I got an appointment to day. The Onc said that for the approval of TDM1 it will take a few more months as the Indian Drug Controller must allow the import. In the mean time he has added Herceptin to tykerb and she will be having herceptin tomorrow.
I am really getting anxious and worried

Bunty
12-26-2012, 01:24 AM
PBK, thinking and hoping for better outcomes for Hema.
Best wishes
Marie

Gaver
12-26-2012, 03:23 AM
i do hope all gets better with Hema,PBK.....

Redwolf8812
12-26-2012, 06:56 AM
praying....

- Penny

tammymarie1971
12-26-2012, 09:17 AM
Praying that peace will wash over you and that this combo will hold things at bay until tdm1.
Tammy

KsGal
12-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Praying for the TDMI to get there sooner than expected. Praying for peace for you and your family. ((hugs))

yanyan
12-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Keep up the hope ! Hema WILL beat it again this time !

Paty
12-26-2012, 02:57 PM
PBK,

I hope the TDm1 issue solves quickly and you get the tratment asap. Wishing you and Hema wellness and peace. You are a great companion to your wife.

Paty

Sandra in GA
12-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Sending prayers for you and Hema.

KDR
12-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Pibikay,
I am wishing for the best outcome for Hema, which is coming...the Herceptin should knock out the mets. Wondering, why was it decided to drop Herceptin?

Wishing you, favorite people, all good things for 2013.

Karen

Pray
12-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Hang in there Pibikay! the two of you work well together. Please know you are both in my prayers. Gods blessings upon you. Peace, Your friend, Nancy

ElaineM
12-27-2012, 03:29 PM
I am hoping Herception added to the Tykerb will reduce the cancer. Let's hope T DM1 gets approved soon.
I wonder if a biopsy to find out why there is a discharge from the breast will help?
Peace, hope and health to both you and Hema in 2013 and beyond.

pibikay
12-28-2012, 03:32 AM
THANKS for all of you for your good wishes.She had the herceptin yesterday.There were no immediate side effects but they started around midnight.
The Onc said that as HERCEPTIN is expensive here in India they stop it after some time.He added that in the USAHerceptin,Tykerb combination is given indefinetly.He took the discharge easily and said more medication is needed.There was no discharge from yesterday.By the way a bit of good news .The cost of herceptin has come down 43%.So it is easy for me to pay and await the check from the insurance co.
HEMA AND I WISH ALL OF YOU A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR

yanyan
12-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Is the discharge from unhealed wound? There is a well known Chinese herb powder called " Yun Nan bai Yao ". In China people have used it for decades to treat unhealed wounds, bleeding. I recently used it to heal my big toe that had an open wound from an infection ( it was bad and i could see the flesh when i trimmed off the infected nail ). It healed within one week ! It shouldn't hurt Hema. I think it is available in India.

mamacze
12-28-2012, 05:18 PM
PBK,
Herceptin works synergistically with the med that it is given with so let's hope that adding Herceptin to Tykerb will give it a one-two punch. I am wondering if you can circumvent the delay in getting TDM1 by entering a clinical trial. Are there any trials offering TDM 1 where you are (I don't see your location in your signature).
Good Blessings and stable health to you and Hema.
Love Kim from CT

pibikay
12-29-2012, 03:03 AM
Hema's name is for the clinical trial. Both os us had to sign forms.
The Onc sounded hopefull when we asked for an urgent appointment for the discharge . But on the 26th he said it will be delayed. When I called him last evening about continuing xeloda with the present combination he asked me to stop it.I inferred that TDM1 may be delayed as he said that at the next appointment on the 10th he has to think of a change in chemo.
The discharge is not from any open wound byt fron the place where the original tumor shrunk,
I am keeping my fingers crossed