PDA

View Full Version : Feldenkrais, yay or nay?

SoCalGal
12-14-2012, 02:21 PM
Anyone have any experience/success using the Feldenkrais method to feel better? (I am still trying to figure out what I am doing to trigger neck pain and my physical therapist's office suggested working with a Feldenkrais teacher).
Thanks much!

"It is always better to have egg on the floor, than egg on the flori"

'lizbeth
12-14-2012, 02:53 PM
OMG, are you in San Diego?

You have to work with John Economos. He is a character, so he might take a little getting used to. I had him as my teacher in my Feldenkras class at IPSB. I loved that class - it was a lot of lying around and making gentle movements. Basically finding other ways to use our bodies than making the same movement over and over and over.

Weren't you having pain in your neck and ear? Did your physical therapist use neuromuscular therapy (Is this spot tender, radiating or referring pain?)?

chrisy
12-15-2012, 02:15 PM
Don't know anything about feldenkrais, but I'll bet that egg on the flori would look pretty. You "crack" me up!

Lien
12-16-2012, 01:58 AM
I did a few sessions years ago when a colleague was training to be a therapist. It worked for the pain in my hip (I have one leg that's shorter than the other) and it was very relaxing. I would go back every now and then if I hadn't moved to another city. I would try it if I were you.