PDA

View Full Version : The Good & the Bad

Redwolf8812
12-10-2012, 05:36 PM
The tumor in the left lobe of my liver, which was up to 11cm last year is now down to 2 pieces, one is 3x2cm and stable (thank You, Lord!); the other has doubled in size since my last scan 9 weeks ago! It's @2.4x2.3cm. The oncologist is waiting to hear back from the interventional radiologist to see if he still wants to ablate. If he does, assuming it's soon, I get a chemo break until after Christmas! Sweet Jesus! Then it's onto either halaven or gemzar with herceptin. They're "confident" that T-DM1 will be approved by February (gee, where have we heard THAT before?).

I would prefer Gemzar, but Xeloda is also an antimetabolite (like Gemzar) and did absolutely nothing for me. (But then again, neither did herceptin). But I don't relish the side effects I've read about halaven.

At this point, I don't know what to pray for, except guidance, because in the past, when I've fought for things, they've backfired. LOL - I still have the battle scars from the tykerb to prove it. I also seem to be allergic to carboplatin so who knows what kind of reaction I'll have to the next thing?

Not the news I wanted, but it could've been worse, so again, I praise God for all His Blessings. I'm in His Hands. Thank you all for your support and guidance and hope that maybe someone has more input/advice for me.

- Penny

KDR
12-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Penny,
I hope that you and your team come to a conclusion that will have you on the road to NED very soon. Thinking of you,
Karen

Laurel
12-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Drat, Penny, I was praying you would hear really good news from your medical team today. Sheila had a remarkable response to Halaven. You have lots of combinations in front of you, so hang tight. One will come your way that slaps that cancer-crap back down.

Let us know about the ablation.

Jackie07
12-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Ditto to the postings by Karen and Laurel both. Hang tight. Something super good will come your way soon.

NEDenise
12-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Penny,
No sage advice here...just sending love and prayers your way. Hoping like crazy to read your name and NED together one day soon!
Denise

JennyB
12-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Penny sending love and positive thoughts I hope your team figure out teh knockout blow soon

Pray
12-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Penny, I too am hoping and praying the next tx plan works for you. Gods blessings to you and your family.

Peace my friend,

Nancy

Bunty
12-11-2012, 03:30 AM
Penny, sending you loads of positive energy too, and hoping your team find your solution soon. It certainly seems as though you are in good hands. And it's wonderful you have faith, which obviously brings you much comfort.
Best wishes
Marie

yanyan
12-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Hi Penny I hope the ablation will take care of that stubborn tumor on your liver ! Keep up the hope !!

chrisy
12-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Dear penny,
Mixed news is sometimes the hardest to get your head around! Take the good news and just consider the rest "information" that will help inform future choices. I can relate to the "not knowing what to pray for" and have found that the best prayers sometimes are just for our caregivers to have wisdom. And to try and surrender it. I know you know both that truth AND how hard it can be to actually do it!

Praying for the right doors, or windows, to open before you.

Hang in there

phil
12-11-2012, 11:57 AM
T DM-1 will be approved by Feb, probably much sooner . its too good , This FDA has set its maximum decision time as no later than Feb. 26th, it hopefully will come real soon. they like to hide controversial decisions around Holidays. I was thinking Thanksgiving, but then it would have been talked about at San Antonio. Thier m.o. would be to announce approval late on a Friday, say , just before Christmas , hmmm...
recent reports from t dm1-ers remind us it is about 50/50 effectiveness with late stage iv. that wil go up if This FDA allows it to beused at first or second re-occurence.
Everyone is a little different. Lorraine got a much better kick out of gemzar, ( 18 months , that was earlier in the Stage IV battle ) and herc than tyk/xel. and w/ much more tolerable s/e. God Bless , Good Luck

Pamelamary
12-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Dear Penny,
These ups and downs are the hardest thing, but I hope you soon work out some positive strategies.
Best wishes.... Pam