PDA

View Full Version : SABCS 2012 Links

rhondalea
12-10-2012, 08:06 AM
I'm downloading and uploading as quickly as I can.

The abstract book and all viewable slides, posters and newsletters will eventually be at this link. No login is required. You can view all items online or you can download them.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B6mEWifb0MQiMzU3OGhFbnB6WG8/edit

Here's a link from Clinical Care Options that turned up in my email:

http://www.clinicaloptions.com/Oncology/Conference%20Coverage/Breast%20Cancer%20Dec%202012.aspx

StephN
12-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Thanks a whole heap, Rhonda.

I could view those slides and posters just fine, even on my rather old machine.

jacqueline1102
12-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Wow! Thank you so much for doing this!

Take care,

Jackie

Jackie07
12-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Simply amazing! Thanks, Rhondalea.

rhondalea
12-10-2012, 08:23 PM
This is tedious, but it isn't hard. I've set placeholders for the "permission not received" items in the hope that eventually they'll turn up.

I haven't given y'all editing privileges, but if you think it would be useful (for you to add notes or to further identify what's available), I can do that.

If anyone has suggestions on how to make the downloads more useful (or easier to find), I'd be delighted to hear them.

Bunty
12-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Thanks Rhondalea! I'm very impressed with your skill and commitment. More information to torture my oncologist with! He attends SABCS every year travelling from Australia. I'm seeing him tomorrow so always good to hear his feedback.
Cheers Marie

karen z
12-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Many thanks Rhonda. This is wonderful for the site.
karen z

fullofbeans
12-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Thanks Rhonda, well done!

rhondalea
12-19-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm workin' on it. :)

There are more than 750 posters, and each has to be downloaded individually. My computer went down on the 11th (which is to say that it required a clean install of the OS, and the last time I backed up was last January) so that set me back a bit.

Then my darling little grandson gifted me with his cold, thereby setting me back just a bit more.

I started downloading again this morning, and the support folks at SugarSync decided that today would be a good day to pair me with a script monkey to fix the failure of their beta software to work correctly on my computer. I had a four hour LogMeIn session with him, and all I have to show for it is a second instance of ProcDump (because he didn't know how to use it from a location that was unfamiliar to him*) and repeated application crashes. I've got space on Skydrive, Dropbox, Amazon S3, Google Drive, Box and Gladinet so SugarSync is out the door as soon as I backup my data.

Bottom line, I only downloaded 60 posters so far today.

But I WILL get there. By the end of the week. Really.

(Apologies for the rant. He gave me such a headache that I'm seeing white light.)

*And even that didn't matter, because once it was running in a familiar location, it turned out he didn't know the correct name of the process for which he was trying to collect a log file. Arrgggh!

karen z
12-23-2012, 05:18 AM
You are doing more than great !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry about the cold.
K

rhondalea
12-23-2012, 08:11 AM
All the available slides and newsletters are up now.

Still workin' on the posters.

I would like to get the video presentations that go with some of the slides, but short of performing tasks too technical for my brain to handle right now, it's not going to happen.

Blessedly, the cold came and went, but I'm ready to go some place warm again. How're you, Karen?

karen z
12-23-2012, 10:59 AM
I am doing all right but a part of me is still in San Antonio. As someone else noticed, I was very happy there. Will try to have my daughter show me how to upload those SA River photos from our "coffee morning" on the river. When I got back I had some tedious days grading but grades are now in. I rested a few days (also developed a cold) and then have been in Christmas mode and college mode for my daughter (about to learn all about filling out forms for financial aid). BTW: The kit arrived and I have registered. Will do after Christmas and let you know how it goes. I guess I feel like I am between "gigs" (San Antonio and ............university life) and it feels a bit surreal. Also, have been trying to read about AIs and duration as I need to make a decision about going past my two years of T and five years of F soon- 7 years total (but I am beginning to conclude there is simply no answer yet and decisions are currently very individualized and based on a variety of factors). Miss everyone from SA.
K

Debbie L.
12-30-2012, 09:50 AM
This is amazing, Rhondalea! Thanks so much for doing this. It may seem "easy" to you but it's got to be time-consuming. I shared the link with another bc email list, I hope that's okay. Someone was asking for SABCS updates and all I could offer her was to share my access password, which is not nearly as user-friendly as your site.

Debbie Laxague

rhondalea
12-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Hi Debbie,

Feel free to share the link with anyone you like. Just be sure when you do to let them know that while everything else is there, the posters are very slow going. I'm getting there, but it's just the wackiest setup for downloading I've ever seen, and I don't want to miss any.

It should all be done soon, because it has turned into the big blocker for everything else I need to do--"can't do this, because I have to do that first...."

Having an excuse is marvelous, but I can't go on this way too much longer or all my friends will hate me, and the cats won't get fed.

P.S. If anyone wants editing privileges so that you can make notations on files of interest (or for any other reason), shoot me an email (rhondalea@gmail.com...and now we can all watch my spam count go back up). I would give blanket permission, but Google won't let me.

rhondalea
01-04-2013, 06:04 PM
Woot! It appears to be open access now:

http://sabcs.org/Resources/

Could someone give it a try just in case I've lost my mind. Thanks.

StephN
01-05-2013, 12:01 AM
Open Access now.
I was just able to view (under selected presentations) Martine Piccart presenting the HERA trial, one year vs. 2 years of Herceptin at 8 years median followup. How interesting, as I had missed this talk.

(Mind NOT lost...)

karen z
01-05-2013, 05:49 AM
Rhonda,

GRAZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rhondalea
01-05-2013, 05:50 AM
Oh, that's good.

When I tried to view the posters, I was asked to sign in or create an account. The site wouldn't take the password from the badge, and when I tried to set up an account with my email, it told me that I already have an account. The trouble is that I don't recall setting it up, and I have no idea what my password is (because none of my stock passwords work). Even at that, it's possible to view the posters as a guest.

For those who have an interest in past papers, here's a link to everything going back to 2009:

http://www.sabcs.org/pastsymposia/index.asp

karen z
01-05-2013, 06:05 AM
I would highly urge folks (especially those who have never attended SABCS) to see/hear as many talks as possible (as well as read posters, etc.) to really get a sense of the caliber of the symposium. Of course, the talks that are most relevant to one will generally be the ones of most interest. But, I have never heard a talk that was not worth hearing. Mostly members of the HER2 group come back to the booth and say "Well, really glad I went to that one- that was really really good" or something to that effect. The research is usually fascinating (sometimes hard to decipher) and one can generally walk away with the main points pretty well and the passion/compassion of the speakers is generally evident. This, in itself, is so exciting ! Thanks again Rhonda !!!

rhondalea
01-05-2013, 06:21 AM
To be perfectly honest, I'm relieved that I don't have to continue downloading those posters (although I might do it anyway just to have a sense of completion). I've never seen such a ridiculous setup in my life, but I guess that's what comes of using Silverlight.

Then again, if I had not crashed the computer (with the follow-up of totally thrashing it without entirely crashing it), it probably wouldn't have been such a trial. It's just click, click, click, click and click, but I've been at the computer repair for nearly a month now (almost done--my computer is running very nearly perfectly and I have a backup of all my work so far). Of course, if I were smart and not so paranoid about losing some tiny bit of data that I'll probably never need, I'd have just formatted and performed a clean reinstall, but putting everything back afterward takes almost as much time as fixing it, so I guess it's a wash.

Okay, done whining. Back to the grindstone. My brain is starting to feel slightly functional again, and I don't want to waste it while it lasts. :)