PDA

View Full Version : Continuing to be Stable

pibikay
11-09-2012, 03:21 AM
Hema's routine appointment was in the first week,The Onc had written first week Nov in the blood test requisition.Here I goofed up.Her appointment was on the 5th but I had noted it as the 7th.When we went on the 7th the Onc's secretary said we had missed the appointmnet.We were early that day and the Onc was just going into his room and he called Hema in.Before I could go after explaining to the Secretary the mistake was genuine and smmoting down the feelings the Onc had examined her.He said the outward examination shows everything is stable,But if the flashing pain in the breast increases he will go in for a change in medication .He mentioned the name but Iwas too flustered to listen properly with the nurse giving me a dirty look.But I am confident that the stable status will continue.Is there any new medicine starting with e or Eh.The last just to see what I missed out.
Wishing all of you the best

Paula O
11-09-2012, 04:24 AM
PBK,
We all make slip ups from time to time. I'm so glad the oncologist could squeeze Hema in his schedule anyway and that she looks stable. Hope the pain in her breast quickly goes away. When is her next appointment to follow up on that?
Hugs for Hema,
Paula

mamacze
11-09-2012, 05:56 AM
Hello PBK and Hema -
Yesterday, I had a similar experience - getting mixed up on doctor appointments. And similarly, the doctor was able to see me - although I didn't have a nurse giving me dirty looks!! You are both so sweet, I think if you gave her a warm smile; she would have been taken aback!
The only two meds that start with an E that I can think of are:
Epirubicin, Eribulin
How is your beautiful Hema doing now, you mentioned she is stable? Good luck to her and please keep us posted on Hema's status.
Love Kim (from CT)

norkdo
11-09-2012, 06:02 AM
Hema is blessed to have a partner so loving and concerned as you. God bless you, and continue to bless her!! Congratulations!!!
Nora

yanyan
11-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Stable is good ! Thanks for sharing the great news !!

Kellennea
11-09-2012, 11:05 AM
yay for stable!! :)

rhondalea
11-09-2012, 11:14 AM
If it isn't epirubicin or eribulin, maybe you can find it on this list:

https://www.navigatingcancer.com/library/all/chemotherapy_drugs

KDR
11-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Go, Hema! (Forget about people's attitudes, they'll never understand until they walk in our shoes...we get A Pass In Life)...how about Everolimus?
Hugs to you both,
Karen

Mandamoo
11-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Stable is great!

Redwolf8812
11-10-2012, 04:50 AM
Thank God for your good news!

And what, we and our caregivers don't have enough to deal with? We gotta face moody secretaries and worry about appeasing them? Hate that.

ElaineM
11-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Congratulations to Hema.
I think there is also a medicine called Erbitax.

NEDenise
11-11-2012, 08:25 AM
PBK and Hema,
So glad to hear your good news. I agree with all the other ladies...cranky people should not be allowed to work in the oncology field!! If they can't cut us a break...they need a new line of work...and perhaps a "soul infusion"...they seem to be running a little low!
All the best to you both!
Denise

rhondalea
11-11-2012, 08:35 AM
If the unhappy staff had made the requisite "day before reminder call," all the consternation could have been avoided.

If it ever happens again, just say that you'll forgive them for lack of professionalism if they'll forgive you for being understandably overwhelmed.

KsGal
11-12-2012, 02:49 AM
Agree with Rhonda...we normally get a call the day before just to remind us to show up and at what time! Im so glad to hear that Hema is stable! Sending lots of prayers and positive light to you both...