PDA

View Full Version : Endocrine Therapy?

Westcoastgirl
11-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Hi all, a gathering of our ER+ information into one thread would be very helpful for many of us. Length of and type of endocrine therapy seems to be a hot topic of conversation and comes up often in different discussions. I know some of you are finished after 5 years and some continue on. It would be most helpful if we could chime in here and share what we are doing, planning to do, and have done. Please include the anti-ER/AI drug you are on, the length of time you are planning to endure, whether you are pre or post menopausal, and possibly your ER+ status. I think this would help a lot of us when approaching our Oncologist as to what we want to do in the present and future. Many of us are told it will be 5 years but feel we need some ammunition to talk to our Onc to perhaps extend our 5 years and some of us can't wait to be finished at 5 years. Thanks, Carolyn. My sharing....ER+ status moderate, menopausal, have been on Femara (Letrozole) for 3 years and my onc says I will stop at 5 years. I thought I wanted to stop at 5 years but current information is making me question that.

Pray
11-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Hi, ER+ 90% Was told I would be on Tamox. for 5 yrs. Chemo forced me into menopause. Next on Arimidex just about a year could not take the side effects. Now I'm on Aromasin.

caya
11-03-2012, 03:01 PM
I did Tamoxifen for 2 1/2 years, then Femara 2 1/2 years for a total of 5. I developed osteoporosis, and so I was very happy to go off the Femara.

I discussed this issue at length with my onc. and he told me that at this time, for me, the 5 years was the standard of care and fine.

I have much more energy since being off the Femara (almost 3 months now). Less aches and pains too, although I do have fibromyalgia, so I still have them, but definitely less.

all the best
caya