PDA

View Full Version : Multifocal/Multicentric Breast Cancer Connected To A Patient's Risk Of Local Recurren

News
10-29-2012, 02:10 AM
Not all women diagnosed with operable breast cancer present with a single tumor; some have multifocal disease appear in the breast, which means multiple tumors found in the same breast quadrant, while others have multicentric disease, where multiple tumors are found in separate breast quadrants. Multifocal or multicentric disease is not a standard indication to receive radiation after mastectomy...

More... (http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/252112.php)

NanaJoni
10-29-2012, 07:08 AM
Some days I question my decisions to go after bc so agressively (bi-lateral mx, chemo, radiation) - but reading this, even though it was a small study, makes me feel more confident. My odd diagnosis of the two tumors being different in pathology (one-triple negative; one-hr/pr -/HER2+++) also seemed to warrant an all out assault early on. And now, almost 3 yrs later, I could have never imagined feeling so good.

'lizbeth
10-29-2012, 07:28 AM
I didn't see the average time until local recurrence - I'm right at 5 years since diagnosis. I had 3 lesions in the right, but now I'm more concerned about the left.

The lesions were not the same, 2 were pagetoid spread, the other the standard IDC. I'm not sure if they checked the Her2 & ER/PR status on all of them. So far all gone . . . and still NED, whew!