PDA

View Full Version : Need help with possible padgets

kristen50
10-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Hello everyone....
I am a little stressed out and need some help on anyone with experience with padgets.
I went to my 6 month check and she said my nipple on my cancer side is funky and in need of a biopsy.
Does anyone have experience with this. I am 9 years out with lumpectomy her2+++ ER/PR + chemo and rads and late herceptin. My tumor was on the corner of the nipple and i have a large indention from the removal, that is why I though the nipple started to invert. It is also slightly red and slightly flacky but its does not hurt/itch or burn.
Does anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks....

tricia keegan
10-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Kristen my tumour was roughly in the same area but didn't have this experience and just wanted to send you good wishes! x
I do however have an indentation too since I quit smoking and went up a bra size!!

Jackie07
10-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Believe it or not, there's a thread on padget's that was started by a member with the same name as yours:

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50308&highlight=padgets

ps. Looks like it was a thread started by you last year.

'lizbeth
10-24-2012, 09:36 PM
Based on your history a biopsy is prudent. I had the flaking, and eventually the nipple turned a smooth red color as the cancer grew. I also could express a yellowish to light orange discharge from the nipple with manipulation. The other breast expressed more of a milky white.

I also had underlying lesions, multifocal - but had not had a mammogram for many years (bad idea). In my own experience, the pagetoid spread did not show on a mammogram. A MRI showed an additional 2 lesions in addition to a large IDC lesion.

I hope it isn't cancer - if it is, it sounds like you and your oncologist are right on top of it.

You can do a Google search for Paget's of the breast and select images. If you just search Paget's - the bone disease the same doctor discovered will pop up. Interesting photos - some obviously very advanced cases.

kristen50
11-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Hi Jackie.....Yes that is me!! I could not remember my prevous user name and am not that familiar using the website so I didn't realize their was a search box. Also have changed emails. Thank you for your reply..
I have had a biopsy and it seems as though it padgets....
I have an appointment with the surgeon today. All I know right now is that we cannot do radiation because I had prevous radiation....does anybody know why?
I am faced with surgery but will know more later today.
Kristen