PDA

View Full Version : This may explain why so many younger women are being dx.

Jean
10-21-2012, 08:54 AM
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/251712.php

karen z
10-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Jean,
Thanks for posting.
K

carolanno
10-21-2012, 11:11 AM
I wonder if supplemental progesterone adds to that risk. I administered progesterone vaginally X 3 mos. for both my pregnancies and was diagnosed initially at age 40 when my second child was 2 yo. Anybody else have a similar experience?

NEDenise
10-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Yep
I took large doses of progesterone during the first trimester of both of my pregnancies. And...my tumor was ER/PR negative.
Coincidence? Who knows!

But I do know that I wouldn't trade my two beautiful boys for anything...not even the chance to live to a ripe old age. If progesterone was the key to carrying full term...well...it was worth it...to me. But I hope other women have the risks explained to them, prior to treatment with progesterone...informed consent is never a bad thing.

Thanks for posting, Jean
Denise

DeenaH
10-21-2012, 08:12 PM
I took Clomid to boost my progesterone levels for a total of 4 cycles. I have 2 kids as a result. I have always wondered if Clomid payed a role in my breast cancer. When I was first diagnosed, I suspected it because we had tried to get private medical insurance 2 years prior, but could not get coverage for me for 5 years post Clomid. The insurance companies must suspect a link. We could never figure out why they cared since it was literally 5 pills each cycle. They sure saved a lot of money by not covering me though! Instead, my husbands co got group insurance. This article makes me wonder about the link even more since my reason for taking Clomid was because my uterine lining was too thin to support a pregnancy. I kept miscarrying.

laureen
10-22-2012, 06:41 AM
me too deanna. i have always wondered if clomid was the kick starter for me. docs always said no since i was not er+. I took 3 months of clomid with no luck. i needed the chemo to make me fertile. odd but true.

Kellennea
10-24-2012, 01:30 PM
I did several cycles of clomid and about 4 IVF cycles, miscarried twice. I did progesterone injections with both pregnancies. I miscarried in August of 2010 and was Dx in October of 2010. I always wonder if that IVF cycle and the progesterone injections pumped up my tumor, a tumor that wasnt detected in September of 2009...

Jackie07
10-24-2012, 02:45 PM
I went through three months of hormone shots and two artificial inseminations when I was 38 but did not result in pregnancy. Instead I got three uterine fibroids. Then I was prescribed birth control pill to curb the growth of the fibroids. Five years after the initial treatment I was diagnosed with breast cancer. The first thing my gynecologist told me (after I'd called and told him about the bc diagnosis) was to quit taking the birth control pills.

Mandamoo
10-24-2012, 06:41 PM
I took the pill but didn't have any fertility treatment - I did miscarry 3 times and had three healthy pregnancies.
At my support group today we were discussing fertility treatments and 3 of the girls had fertility treatment and now secondary cancer - non are her2 positive though.

kvogler
10-24-2012, 07:11 PM
I took birth control pills for years and years for irregular cycles. Then, when I did become pregnant, I had horrible morning sickness. They say morning sickness is from having a bunch of hormones to support the pregnancy. They should research morning sickness and risk of breast cancer.