PDA

View Full Version : Any info on Perjeta?

KayeR
10-06-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm getting ready to start Perjeta this week along with herceptin. Does anyone have any info they might like to share on this drug? Like any side effects and/or success stories? :) Thanks!

jacqueline1102
10-06-2012, 01:55 PM
I am currently on this protocol having just had my 4th infusion this past Wednesday. So far so good. The only side effect has been mild diarrhea for about 3-4 days afterwards. I continue to be active; family and friends, working out at the gym, and working full-time. Liver spot a year ago was 4.6 cm and is now down to .6 mm. The perjeta addition took the spot from .9 x .7 down to .6 mm. We shall see. Stable is a good thing. I was told that I was the second person in the treatment center to receive this drug. I think all in health care are curious to see how we all respond. Herceptin has caused some joint pain. Drink LOTS of water the day of the infusion and afterwards. I think doing something active like swimming or walking helps as well afterwards. Stay away from the spicy foods for a few days afterwards because your tummy may grumble. Good luck.

KayeR
10-07-2012, 07:36 AM
Thanks Jacqueline. Your information is encouraging. My doctor told me that I will be the first person to receive the drug at my hospital too (Johns Hopkins) and that he and his collegues will be watching me closely as well. I hope to give them something to be excited about. :) Thanks again for your response.