PDA

View Full Version : Update

Pamelamary
09-26-2012, 07:11 PM
After coming off a T-DM1 trial due to the appearance of liver mets joining the previously existing bone mets, I have just finished 6 cycles of Docetaxol + Herceptin.This had good results, in that there has been shrinkage of the liver mets and stability in the bones. However the last 3 weeks have been simply dreadful, with extreme fatigue, fever, headaches, infections of the (teary) eyes and ear,etc. I think my body was crying enough! So now started on a more gentle regime of Herceptin and Tamoxifen.... I needed the break and hope this will maintain stability; will be living from scan to scan......
Would like to add info like this to my profile, as so many of you do - can people tell me how?

alicem
09-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Hi Pamelamary,

I'm so glad to hear there has been a reduction of your liver mets, but sorry that you have had such bad side effects. I hope the Herceptin and Tamoxifen will give you continued stability.

To add a signature to the bottom of your posts, look for "Quick Links" in the toolbar above, and then click on "Edit signature" under User Control Panel. It should be pretty self explanatory from there.

Best Wishes to you!

~Alice

Joanne S
09-26-2012, 09:30 PM
PamelaMary, Sorry to hear you're having such side effects and infection. I had terrible fatigue and infections too. When I was not feeling well and really didn't want to, I forced myself to continuously sip juice and eat popsicles. Hope you are eating well too even if it's small amounts several times a day----that really helps. I hope you get some relief from the infection and fatigue soon, as well as, continued mets reduction. Hugs!

Pray
09-26-2012, 09:49 PM
I too hope you are able to have some peace and comfort. Gods blessings to you and please know you are in my prayers.

Pamelamary
09-27-2012, 12:38 AM
Thanks everybody, and specially Alice - I'll give it a try!

Mandamoo
09-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Hi Pamelamary - so glad you are stable and liver mets have shrunk. I hope the tamoxifin and herceptin are a good match for you - nice not to have chemo!