PDA

View Full Version : Comedy of Errors

MikeF
08-28-2012, 04:43 AM
Were trying hard to keep a positive attitude after yesterday. We went in yesterday afternoon to sign papers for Barbs access to TDM-1. She had an appointment to see the Onco at 3:00 so the hospital asked us to be there at 2;30 to look over the paperwork and ask any questions we may have. There were a couple of questions that they told us only the doctor could answer so we held off signing till we saw him. After answers to our questions by the doctor and the blood work they needed it appeared we had a green light for the TDM-1 today. She was actually told to be there this morning at 9:00. We returned to the social worker to sign the papers and thats when she decides to clue us in that there was a small problem taking delivery of the drug. Apparently UPS showed up Saturday when the Cancer Clinic was closed instead of Friday as planned. UPS decided to deliver to the Hospital Phamacy and apparently the drug was not refrigerated so Genentech has to ship again. Are you serious, the doctor wasnt aware, they scheduled here to go in at 9:00. They called this morning to say they expect a delivery today sometime and they will call when it gets here. Unbelievable

Pray
08-28-2012, 04:55 AM
Thank God their going to get it to Barb today! Thats the least they can do after all the two of you have been through! I look forward to your posts on how Barb does with TDM-1. I will be hoping and praying all goes well the rest of the day!

MikeF
08-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Got the call at 10:30 to come on down so off we went. I left work to pick Barb up and take her there and stuck around long enough to see the bag labeled TDM-1 running into her port. PRAISE God shes finally getting the good stuff, hopefully it works like it should and she doesnt have any adverse reactions.

BonnieR
08-28-2012, 10:38 AM
I have learned to never underestimate the ability of the medical community to screw things up. My Oncotype test was delayed by 10 days because the only person in the lab who knew how to mail it was on vacation. When I
complained later the response was "what, am I not supposed to take a vacation?" Instead of maybe having more than one person who knows how to mail things! I was waiting for the results to help decide what chemo to do!

Anyhow, praise God, indeed, that all is now well and the drug is flowing. Keep the faith.

KDR
08-28-2012, 12:10 PM
So glad Barb got what she needed TODAY! Put the problems behind you and look ahead. You did it!

Sooooo happy for you!
Karen

Redwolf8812
08-28-2012, 05:56 PM
It will work and there will be no adverse reactions. For this we pray. Amen.

Paula O
08-28-2012, 06:15 PM
Prayers going up on Barb's behalf. Too bad about the delay, so glad she got it!

Paula

caya
08-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Happy that Barb got the infusion today, better late than never!

all the best
caya

KsGal
08-30-2012, 11:38 AM
It must have been a great moment seeing that bag hanging on the pole...what a victory you have won. So happy for you!

phil
08-30-2012, 12:23 PM
You WILL see the power of this awesome drug ! So happy for you and your wife, family. Congratulations to you for your hard work, never , never, never give up !!