PDA

View Full Version : Taste Buds

LeahM
08-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Just wondering about my lack of taste buds lately. They disappeared after my first chemo infusion (TCH) on July 10 and have yet to come back. I had my second chemo last week and now it's worse then before. Can I expect to be "taste-less" until November?

Thanks
Leah

Pray
08-06-2012, 02:10 PM
I had very little taste left and nothing came close to tasting how it should! So once I figured out what I could tolerate I stuck to it. mostly soups and smoothes. Stuff to me that had a lot of flavor. I know its a bummer, this too shall pass though. I wish you the best, one down hang in there your doing great! Gods blessings to you.

Rolepaul
08-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Taste buds grow fast, so chemo attacks them. Once your chemo stops, you get them back.

snolan
08-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Everything had a metalic taste or no taste at all. Stay away from your favorite foods as you may associate that when you eat them after chemo. I had a friend make me brisket twice during my chemo and now I can't stand to eat it. Hopefully one day I will enjoy it again.

tricia keegan
08-06-2012, 03:08 PM
I had this too and just ate little snacks little and often and could'nt face hot meals, you'll be fine when chemo is over!

carlatte7
08-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Ditto...chocolate shakes tasted good more often than not. Anythingtomato based tasted like oldroadkill skunk boiled in a rusty can. Aything remotely spicy made my mouth burn. Trial and bad-tasting error, Babe!

suzan w
08-08-2012, 01:36 PM
I, too, lost the sense of taste. Especially for sweets...And nothing tasted the way it should. I remember well the metallic taste. It took me a few months after completing chemo for my sense of taste to return. I also suffered from mouth sores during chemo and that greatly impacted my ability to eat!!! Hang in there, I ate a lot of scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes...bland, smooth...