PDA

View Full Version : Highly recommended reading--more from Max Wicha, MD

Lani
07-28-2012, 04:07 AM
same pdf has important paper from Javier Menendez on metformin as well

The secrets of her2+ breast cancer and how to treat/cure it are becoming more and more clear and faster and faster...

read the fourth and third articles here:

http://www.landesbioscience.com/journals/cc/2012CCNV11-15-Malik.pdf

Ellie F
07-28-2012, 09:07 AM
Thanks Lani
Not sure I totally understood all the science but what jumped out again in the fourth article was the involvement of NF-KB again.
Ellie

AlaskaAngel
07-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Much appreciated, Lani!

A.A.

chrisy
07-28-2012, 09:33 AM
menendez is another of my favorite researchers

Rolepaul
07-29-2012, 08:27 AM
What I read from this is that there is more identification of the cellular pathways at the molecular biology levels that are being identified. This means that disease progression may be stopped using multiple means, rather than a single method, such as Herceptin. The disease can find its way around Herceptin treatment in some cases, which is why identifying other important roadblocks is important. If you can delay disease progression for 100 years, you have stopped the impact on patients. That is the goal of these researchers. Many of the pathways are critical to even normal cells, the idea is to block the ones most critical to the cancer cells. Think of it as making the 125 pound cancer cell that has been built to be a runner now have to carry the 50 extra pounds of the 175 pound woman that walks five miles per day. The woman with the extra weight now has a fair chance to match the pace and win the race.

Lani's contacts design the drugs. Mine get them to patients. The goal is that we get the best treatment options possible to patients.

Lani
07-29-2012, 09:03 AM
I wish I HAD contacts who designed drugs

I only read the literature,try to attend conferences and try to engage other conference attendees (often extremely difficult)