PDA

View Full Version : Update via Ceesun

Ceesun
07-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Hi Friends, Just wanted to share some pretty good news as I am having a bad case of scan-xiety this time. Recent mri of the brain was fine; my doc ordered one although I had one 6 months ago because I told him I was tired. It scared me a little, but of course we have to check it out. We just moved from our home to a condo in Michigan--house was on the market all while I was in Florida and 3 days after we got home..boom.. it sold and the owner wanted in after 28 days!! We were in scramble mode, so yep, I am tired! Also, ct of chest and pet were stable, so he will present to tumor board as he always does. I don't anticipate a treatment change...so although, not NED due to lungs, I have been on tykerb-hercep for 31 months now! I wish we all didn't have to live with the uncertainty of long term illness. And Jackie, who tallies up, I believe, I am now 6 years at stage 4...I have lived at stage 4 longer than stage 2 which was 3 years. Sincerely, Cathy aka Ceesun

Rolepaul
07-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Glad no glows in the brain. Also glad on the home sale. We got killed in 2004 and 2005 selling in Michigan.

tricia keegan
07-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Hi Cathy and thanks for the update and congrats on the MRI which must have been a relief for you, six years is amazing and here's to another six and another and another.....:)

Mtngrl
07-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Cathy,

Thank you for the update. Six years and still going strong. That's good news. So, of course, are your scan results.

I'm also glad you're doing so well on tykerb/herceptin. I started on that last month, and it seems to be pretty tolerable. Hopefully it will also do the trick.

Ellie F
07-28-2012, 02:37 AM
Cathy
Delighted to hear all your news but especially that you're stable.
Long may it continue and thanks for posting we always need to hear good news.
Ellie

Joan M
07-28-2012, 07:04 AM
Cathy,

Great news on both your health and on the sale of your home. Your oncologist is sensitive to your needs in ordering a brain scan and not sending you home to take just a nap. And I'm glad you only needed a nap. I too have lived longer with advanced bc than when I was early stage.

xo
Joan

michka
07-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Cathy, this is good news. I am happy about the MRI and it is also good news that you are stable on H+T. No wonder you felt tired if you were worrying about the house...and then moving out so fast. Now you can relax. 6 years is good but now you are going to add mutiples of 6. 12 and 18 and 24....!
Michka

schoolteacher
08-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Glad to hear from you, Ceesun.

Amelia